Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypothetical scenario with Addazio.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Hypothetical scenario with Addazio.....

Sep 20, 2017, 2:36 PM

Lets say Addazio gets fired from BC, and Caldwell retires from Clemson, would we go after Addazio as our OL coach? Would he come to Clemson? I think he would be very successful at Clemson as an OL coach. Coached some good ones at Florida, and seems to have a solid OL at BC even though the talent is not there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think if Iowa struggles this year

Sep 20, 2017, 2:38 PM

We could be in line to get Ferentz to be our next OL coach.

Conjecture here, but

Sep 20, 2017, 2:48 PM

Do you think Caldwell will retire soon? He is getting long in the tooth, but is still doing a good job.

Probably has 2-5 good years left in him

Sep 20, 2017, 2:51 PM

Seems to still be recruiting hard, which makes me think he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Although, I said the same about Brad Scott.

Yeah, and I thought Dan Brooks

Sep 20, 2017, 3:06 PM

would last a couple more years for us as a DL Coach, but who knows? And I really am not worried, Dabo and Co. have a proven track record with position coaches and coordinators. Its just fun to speculate.

Re: Hypothetical scenario with Addazio.....

Sep 20, 2017, 2:50 PM

Lets rephrase the question, if Caldwell leaves for any reason. Who would be the best OL coach to go after regardless of what school they're at now. Also, I'm sure that Scott and Elliot would have a lot to do with we go after!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you mean ScElliot not BV...right?***

Sep 20, 2017, 2:54 PM

Re: I think you mean ScElliot not BV...right?***

Sep 20, 2017, 2:55 PM

Yes, sorry!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 2:57 PM

Dustin Fry will most likely be our next oline coach.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

He checks most of the boxes...

Sep 20, 2017, 3:01 PM

Could be a "B. Streeter" type hire. Coach does like younger coaches. How is Dustin doing at SMU? Recruiting well?

Re: He checks most of the boxes...

Sep 20, 2017, 3:06 PM

Not sure about recruiting, but I watched the SMU/TCU game and the oline looked good against TCU. They only gave 3 TFLs and 0 sacks against a Gary Patterson defense. I would think being an alumnus and young he would make a good recruiter for us.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I guess I need to watch some SMU this season

Sep 20, 2017, 3:15 PM

I always say I am going to, but only end up catching some of the highlights. I liked Dustin a lot as a player, he was smart and physical. Wasn't he a GA for us while Morris was here? If he is doing that to a Gary Patterson's DL, with what he has access to (which is "Slim-Pickins"), he could be a great addition when the time comes. Wonder if this has been the plan all along? Let Dustin "Cut his teeth" with Morris, and bring him in when Caldwell retires.......

Sep 20, 2017, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Hypothetical scenario with Addazio..... ]

Would love to see X Tigers at some point fill our coaching needs bc it would make it very hard to be hired away by just any school offering a slight difference in pay. But I want BV as our DC coach until he is to old to need a get back man bc, I would be long gone by then. Even then I will do my best to whisper in Dabo's ear who the best assistants are that wants to coach at Clemson!!!!:)

MeeeeeToooooo

Sep 20, 2017, 3:08 PM

They need to do something to convince him to stay until they have to "Wheel him out in a chair, with an Oxygen tank." That man has been the difference since he has been here.....

about BV I mean......***

Sep 20, 2017, 3:16 PM

Sep 20, 2017, 3:45 PM

#1, don't think robbie will retire for another couple years. #2, thomas austin is the OL "coach in waiting".

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot about Austin...see I needed this post

Sep 20, 2017, 3:51 PM

for educational purposes, you learn something new every day. Is Austin a GA/coach with the team now?

Re: Forgot about Austin...see I needed this post

Sep 20, 2017, 3:57 PM

yes, austin is in his 2nd year as a GA

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic