Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From a fan perspective I can
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,009

From a fan perspective I can

Dec 9, 2018, 5:01 PM

See a kids/kids sitting out bowl games may seem like a bad choice. I tend to view it from a perspective of it is their choice, it is not my financial future a blown knee ruins so I do not get to make that choice for them.

Too many fans forget a lot of these kids come from poverty, it is their best shot to escape it for themselves and their families. One does not take the possibility of losing that chance lightly.

Universities, Conferences and the NCAA/Bowls make hundreds of millions off these kids so in reality that Scholarship is chump change in the business model. How much does it really cost to comp tuition ? Certainly not the actual cost I can safely say, an extra kid per class is minuscule .

I will certainly not sit and pass judgement on a kid for making a choice that can possibly alter their entire life and find that those that do need to step off the fan wagon, your priorities are askew. Until players are paid a stipend or allowed to market their likeness all the power resides with one side.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From a fan perspective I can

Dec 9, 2018, 5:34 PM

When we aren’t playing for a National you can bet your butt we will have it happen here, it’s a new reality

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,009
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic