Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the first time, living in Cootville ain't so bad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

For the first time, living in Cootville ain't so bad

Sep 19, 2017, 11:14 AM

I'm from the Columbia area. Been back here since 2004. And other than the early 80s, I can't recall a time where I've heard less from the majority than I"m hearing right now. All the cackling, crowing and dirt-pecking that I've grown accustomed to over the years seems to have grown eerily quiet. I work with a building full of those fans and going into the KY Game, they were talking about how winning that game would put them in the top 25 and back on the road to winning the SEC East. On and on about how they were on their way to being on par with Clemson in 2-3 years. But this week... crickets. I even had one co-worker tell me, "Clemson is the real deal. We'd be lucky to beat you guys again in this decade."

Part of me wanted to feel sorry for the guy.... but I just couldn't. The silence is just too sweet!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Oh H3ll yeas

Sep 19, 2017, 11:18 AM

??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bless their poor little hearts!***

Sep 19, 2017, 11:19 AM

Re: For the first time, living in Cootville ain't so bad

Sep 19, 2017, 11:21 AM

Yes, enjoy every minute of that! I lived within spitting distance of Willy-B for 13 years, including the dark ages when they beat us 5 times in a row, and had to work in a building full of kids where I was prohibited by law from slapping the ##### out of them for their endless smack talk. I finally got out and now work with a predominantly Clemson group so life is good, but I can't help but think of how sweet it would be to be there now, just listening to the crickets.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Los Angeles has a similar situation ....

Sep 19, 2017, 11:22 AM

When I arrived in 2010, LA folk asked "where is Clemson", responding my sweatshirts and hats ...

Now they say " Clemson looks great " or " Thanks for beating Alabama"...

My favorite is their blind belief that USC would whoop Clemson .... They think USC is still legit even though they were blown out by Bama and have a handful of too-close-for-comfort wins to account for their current success ... I would love to see them in the playoffs… But I don't think we will get that :)

#BeatBC

Keep your head down

Sep 19, 2017, 11:24 AM

and stay off the streets after midnight.

HAHAHAHA :) Will do!***

Sep 19, 2017, 11:35 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic