Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For anyone finding it hard to be a fan of any Clemson team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

For anyone finding it hard to be a fan of any Clemson team

Feb 22, 2018, 10:07 AM

that is a Clemson fan: I find it kind of ridiculous, that a fan of any team would bring down such harsh judgement thinking they are helping. It makes sense when the fans of other schools do it, but when a Clemson fan has a hard time figuring out why they are a fan of Clemson? Idiocy. Being a fan of anything is part of one's personal life and therefore, they spend their personal time following (except for a couple Tnetters like myself who play Tnet at work) their team.

Enjoy it. I understand being invested emotionally, but when you begin to have expectations for anything outside your control, you usually end up disappointed. And then spreading it online for the cycle to continue makes it worse.

Stop bashing Coach Brownell and our team, we are not entitled to anything, except Tiger Rag!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For anyone finding it hard to be a fan of any Clemson team

Feb 22, 2018, 10:33 AM

Wow, what was said. Must have been something bad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, it's the product of the "system" today.

Feb 22, 2018, 10:35 AM

TV turned sports into a product which turned fans into customers.

And customers want a good product.

Now that "being a fan" costs so much money, the "fans" expect results that match their investment.

As a result there are a lot less (percentage wise) true Clemson fans today.

Of course, back to your post, most of those posing as fans are just coots in Tiger clothing enjoying the misery of some Clemson fans since misery loves company.

Re: Actually, it's the product of the "system" today.

Feb 22, 2018, 11:00 AM

I'll bet a lot are Coots, like you said, but not all. The Coots' posts have a tinge of jealousy in them and the negative Clemson fans a little bit whiny.

I would say I know the least about basketball compared to football and baseball but I know enough that CBB is a good coach at a school less known for basketball (and therefore a harder time reeling in blue chips) as the other two. And these are public forums where our own athletes probably read some of this negativity. I'm sure they laugh at the nonsense, but I have read some downright nasty things about 18-22 year olds on here.

Feb 22, 2018, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Actually, it's the product of the "system" today. ]

Understand and thnk you laid out a great analysis. True that some could be coots doing what you say but I guess I take it different. I see a lot of true fans that are frustrated, disappointed and hate that Clemson lost. May get a little mouthy but to me I don’t read that as not being a fan. Just everyone watching and expressing themselves different.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 11:44 AM

An old Navy saying: "Loose lips sink ships" is more about secrets best kept secret, but here it makes sense as well with preserving a good culture that the pathetic Coots are desperately trying to tarnish.

I mean our fans, yes they have every right to express their feelings. However, every little complaint can have a negative impact and ironically end up doing the most damage. And I'm sure they don't scour Tnet for these things, but our athletes are on social media too. We should care if they are being treated okay by their own fans.

Coots can go scratch.

Feb 22, 2018, 11:03 AM

I'm pretty sure those who "bash" anything Clemson aren't truly invested. Folks who love Clemson University may express disappointment and even frustration in the moment. But true Tigers fans are going to support our players, our coaches and our University through thick and thin. So I wouldn't worry too much about the "nay-sayers." Lots of insecure folks think tearing down others will make them feel better about themselves. Doesn't work but they persist with that plan. Yet it can't really describe "Clemson people." What have we got to be insecure about? We're part of a great University with a great campus, a great heritage, great academics and great sports programs. It's great to be a Clemson Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 11:08 AM

You say it better than I can.+1.

practically all of those who post negative things

Feb 22, 2018, 1:41 PM

About our coaches and players do so behind a name that doesn’t allow themselves to be identified! Says a lot to mean about these spineless troublemakers who lack the ball$ to identify themselves. I’d like to have one go up to a player like Boulware and spout their ridiculous name calling to him. It will never happen. If you are afraid to identify yourself, that’s all I need to know about you!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic