Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Football Talk

Sep 26, 2017, 2:12 AM

Thoughts on the Va Tech game. Va Tech is not a bad team. Bad teams don't start 4-0. If we don't play well, they most definitely can beat us. I think their greatest advantage this weeken is home field. They'll be pumped, we better come to play.
Some numbers stuff.

Clemson opponents; Auburn, Kent St, U of L, BC. total offense rank - 12
total defense rank - 3

Va Tech opponents; WVU, Delaware, ECU, ODU. total offense rank - 14
total defense rank - 28

What to make of that? WVU aint bad either, but they sure aren't Clemson. Delaware? ECU? ODU? Well......they ain't WVU. If Clemson had played that schedule, we'd be the #1 defense in the country.....by a country mile.

I watched all of the Va Tech - WVU game. The one thing that stood out in that game was, Va Tech's Freshman QB does not play like a Freshman QB. He was very poised and he was a threat on the ground and in the air.

We'll see. Va Tech's a proud program. I'm expecting a battle. I hope I'm wrong, I hope we run away with it, but we rarely seem to make it easy on ourselves. I'm not sure we've played anyone with as complete a team as they have. (maybe Auburn, Auburn was better D, but less O) I'm certain they haven't played anyone with as complete a team as Clemson. Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Talk

Sep 26, 2017, 6:32 AM

VT hasn’t played a defense ranked higher than 90 something. What they will see Saturday is a completely different animal than what they’ve seen to date

Offensively, we need to get KB in a rythym and just cut him loose. Let him take those shots downfield and give our receivers a chance to do their thing. Too many times he’s almost hesitant to throw which results in late throws or sacks. Kelly needs to just sling it when he sees a man. If we get the offense going Saturday Clemson will win this game by 2+ tds

Sep 26, 2017, 6:44 AM

Let's put this in perspective. Sure they are 4-0, sure they have a decent D and sure this Freshman QB has played poised and under control. HOWEVER, this kid has never faced anything remotely close to what the Tigers will bring with our total D. He will get punished, banged up and as a result will throw the thing away once or twice too often---into our hands. Our O will get its act together under TNT and we will win fairly easily in the range of 31-10. Tigers roll and and VT needs more recruiting of top players before they're ready to handle this Tiger program!

Go Tigers!!!

Sep 26, 2017, 6:51 AM

The only thing Ican see that might be overlooked is the VT HC. He is the real deal IMO. When he comes to play, his team is as ready as you can hope for. He is similar to Dabo in that some how, some way, he finds a way to win games. He alone is more concern than all of their players.

We need to beat them now before he gets the recruits he needs to run his team.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic