Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Folks..i know i'm old & out of the modern loop But too many of our Sports Stars have taken over
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Folks..i know i'm old & out of the modern loop But too many of our Sports Stars have taken over

Sep 25, 2017, 8:17 PM

the dialogue of what is right & wrong, in their opinion, politically or socially or religion-wise..and they are able to do this since we adore & almost worship them..over-playing them in too many instances with millions per year..and make them heros when they are simply highly talented humans playing a Sport.

We fans at Clemson & at the majority of colleges with a highly successful & winning sports program are guilty too of idolizing very average individuals who are gifted in a sports way..

and as such they are not more OR less qualified to make judgements on what is right or wrong..and thus I have the right to join, protest or ignore their stiff-arming or overpowering stances on their personal dialogue concerning non-sports issues when i cut on the tube to simply see a sports game..a sport which they should play and leave the personal issues for the proper forum to complain or spout off about.

Keep it up & I will tune out 110%!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What worries me is what is bad for the NFL is

Sep 25, 2017, 8:20 PM

Bad for Clemson, kids don't come here to play to get an education, not really good ones anyway, they come to go into the NFL. It's bad news all the way around and I hope it goes away and fast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun Watson and many other Tigers in the pros got their degree..

Sep 25, 2017, 8:51 PM

If you don't like our players stop watching Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will be watching from right here until I die or give it up

Sep 25, 2017, 11:34 PM
IMG_1385.JPG(168.8 K)

Don't plan on giving it up btw

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun Watson and many other Tigers in the pros got their degree..

Sep 26, 2017, 6:12 AM [ in reply to Deshaun Watson and many other Tigers in the pros got their degree.. ]

If you don't like our O line coach then you can do the same. Funny how you talk out of both sides of your mouth

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you only think in existential fallacies?***

Sep 26, 2017, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Deshaun Watson and many other Tigers in the pros got their degree.. ]

You want tos ee all of these people lose their jobs?

Sep 25, 2017, 11:48 PM [ in reply to What worries me is what is bad for the NFL is ]

I am the opposite of you. I hope Deshaun Watson makes a couple hundred million and plays for 15 years. I hope all of our Clemson players make a fortune in the NFL and have great lives. I bet 10's of thousands of people have jobs because of the NFL

Re: Folks..i know i'm old & out of the modern loop But too many of our Sports Stars have taken over

Sep 25, 2017, 8:20 PM

We elected a silver-spoon reality-TV star to the office of President, but professional athletes can't express political opinions?

I Get it BUT protesting b/4 or during a game isn't their role!

Sep 25, 2017, 8:23 PM

Take it elsewhere!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Get it BUT protesting b/4 or during a game isn't their role!

Sep 25, 2017, 8:27 PM

Nor is your president's role to engage in Twitter wars when there are bigger, more pressing issues to be dealt with.

Sep 25, 2017, 8:33 PM

I'm with ya LBB, agree 110%!

Sep 25, 2017, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I Get it BUT protesting b/4 or during a game isn't their role! ]

IF you an AMERICAN HE IS YOUR PRESIDENT''

Sep 26, 2017, 7:16 AM

Funny how many on the right say that whenever somebody trashes Bush or Trump but had no problem trashing Clinton or Obama. And how many on the left took offense when people talked trash about Obama or Clinton, but think it's okay to go after Bush and Trump. I guess that rule only applies when it's YOUR guy in office.

So you are trying to equate protesting on...

Sep 25, 2017, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I Get it BUT protesting b/4 or during a game isn't their role! ]

Twitter to protesting during the National Anthem???... REALLY????

No wonder we have so many that don't comprehend respect, allegiance, and servitude to the one thing we ALL share - male, female, 'trans', gay, black, white, yellow, purple, etc.

Sep 25, 2017, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I Get it BUT protesting b/4 or during a game isn't their role! ]

Then let the players take to Twitter then

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2017, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I Get it BUT protesting b/4 or during a game isn't their role! ]

I understand that you don't like the president's habit of using twitter. But your assumption that he is not addressing the pressing matters of our country because of it would be incorrect. Just look at what he has been doing whether you agree with it or not. Health care - it's broken and he is trying to fix it through Congress. Not a easy thing to do. Immigration - Congress has kicked the can down the road for 30 years. He is enforcing the laws as written and trying to protect our borders. He is also trying to get Congress to pass immigration reform. Good Luck. The economy - he is addressing trade agreements that are terrible for our country and reducing regulation to enable businesses to function. Energy - He enabled the Keystone pipeline to be completed which will provide affordable energy and reduce the price of foreign oil. Military - He has enabled the military to be the military. No longer does the pentagon have to get permission from the President to plant a missile on a terrorist. Taxes - He is trying to pass tax reform that will allow small businesses to not be taxed at individual rates which are much higher that corporate taxes. He is also trying to simplify the tax code. And he has done this and more in just 8 months. You may not agree with what he has done. You might not like his personality. But he has been tending to the nation's business.

The NFL is pissing off its base, and will regret it, Billy***

Sep 25, 2017, 8:52 PM

Re: Folks..i know i'm old & out of the modern loop But too many of our Sports Stars have taken over

Sep 25, 2017, 9:07 PM

Cosco has some pretty decent lamp chops and the price is good too!

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 25, 2017, 11:39 PM

Bill, pretty much everyone has their own opinions on these topics, the only difference is they have better access to the media.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 11:41 PM

Exactly....really tired of all this crap....KEEP politics OUT of sports.....either do your job for team you are being paid millions to play for or quit your sports job and run for office so you can play your political game.....Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

but I thought if you were older

Sep 26, 2017, 8:39 AM

it makes you wiser, generally, and one who ought to be listened to. Where'd we go wrong?

'The wise don't need it and the fools don't heed it.'***

Sep 26, 2017, 8:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is my remedy to this issue.

Sep 26, 2017, 8:49 AM

I tuned out to politics a while ago. It's circus that I do not have room for in my life. I might suggest that anyone who has room in their life for such tripe probably has too much unproductive time on their hands.

If I'm hanging out on the P&R bored, it's because I'm board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic