Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Even though we didn't score, I can't help but watch...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Even though we didn't score, I can't help but watch...

Jan 23, 2019, 2:39 PM

...over and over and over the final Clemson natty drive that ate up the remaining 10:02. I must have watched just that segment near 20 times. It's kind of like sitting back, sipping some whiskey and smoking a cigar savoring every last tick of the clock. I'm just so compelled to watch that drive which I know we will not score. Maybe it's the comradery of our guys and many of which will not adorn the Clemson battle gear again....listening to the Fowler and Herbstreit...and watching our 3rd string impose their will like one last kick to the Bama jewel basket.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was nice to see Bama on the field and have to...

Jan 23, 2019, 2:43 PM

pretend to play defense for 10 solid minutes of game time. Seeing a curtain call for our offense was the icing on the cake.

I always watch the end of the game and I've seen it start to finish 24 times now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama quit (or at least some players did). Beautiful.***

Jan 23, 2019, 2:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama quit (or at least some players did). Beautiful.***

Jan 23, 2019, 7:12 PM

Yes they did quit and I've had people argue with me about Q. William's quiting. A top 5 potential NFL draftee should never quit but he did. That's my favorite part of the game, just seeing how for all but 4 or 5 plays, our offensive line wore him out and he was a non-factor. Just watching him stand on the field and watch the play, makes my day!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even though we didn't score, I can't help but watch...

Jan 23, 2019, 2:49 PM

I think it was obvious that Dabo took his foot off the gas pedal there at the end not wanting to run up the score. Classy! We were running dink, vanilla plays right into the LOS which they had loaded. We could have scored easily against a thoroughly defeated Alabama at that point. Me? I would have put another seven, but then I don't have Dabo's class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 5:28 PM

When the winning score is in the 50's, there is no question of the status of the beatdown.

By running clock for 10 minutes, Dabo let Nick, the Tide, the crimson faithful and SEC coattailers know, we could choose our score. But he let them save some face.

Many of them we will not face again, so it didn't matter. But others we will, and that was some serious intimidation!

As the clock was winding down, I wondered

Jan 23, 2019, 5:37 PM

What is the longest drive in CFP / BCS / Championship game history?

That drive started at the 1/2 yard line and finished on the 4 or 5. That's a 94 yard drive -- no score -- that took 10:02 off the clock.

Somebody out there must keep track of stats like this, right?

What an EPIC drive!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: As the clock was winding down, I wondered

Jan 23, 2019, 11:33 PM

it is the longest time of possession in Clemson history ,, it would have to longest time of possession in CFP history, I would think ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 8:55 PM

I've watched the replay of the final ten minutes several times and one time just to check the number of plays. There were 14 plays, one pass and 13 running plays. That ten minute span showed everyone who was the better team.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When has anybody been able to run the ball

Jan 24, 2019, 4:08 AM

.., on a Nick Saban Alabama team like Clemson did?!? Very impressive!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I was upset at first, but the very BEST thing we could have

Jan 23, 2019, 9:34 PM

done is exactly what we did. If we had gone down and scored they could have called us bad sports, and but we didn't give them that satisfaction. Yet we still showed them that we COULD have scored by taking 10 MINUTES to drive all the way down their throats, and then stopped, basically showing them that we were invincible, but we showed them mercy because we are so much better. PERFECT.

Kind of reminds you of 2016 when after we scored...

Jan 23, 2019, 11:17 PM

...we executed a perfect onsides kick so that they'd never see the ball again...not even for a hail mary pass.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 1:58 AM

Tonight I watched on YouTube with the BAMA radio call. Eli Gold gives a very professional call, but you could tell their crew was not used to seeing the Tide on the receiving end of a beat down.

Through halftime, they made comments that it was more BAMA's mistakes than Clemson's success. That last drive had to be demoralizing. Their sideline guy called them out too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree ClemBert.., For whatever reason...

Jan 24, 2019, 4:16 AM

I like the fact that the Tigers moved the ball so easily on that epic drive but sat on the score better than if they had scored. Maybe it’s the fact that the whole college football world knows that Clemson took pity on the great Nick !

I have watched it many times too - and the whiskey and cigars aren’t bad either ... lol....

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic