Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Discounting Florida State?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Discounting Florida State?

Sep 23, 2017, 5:54 AM

It's curious to me that the media and college football fans as a whole have totally written off the Seminoles for losing one player...albeit their returning quarterback. Weren't they a threat to win it all before that? Heck, they were definitely favored to win the ACC.

Their new string bean quarterback might be the next Kelly Bryant. Not likely, but you get my point. He was recruited for a reason.

With that being said, I hope the media is right.

Go TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Discounting Florida State?

Sep 23, 2017, 5:57 AM

I, for one, haven't written off their defense. Their offense to me was always suspect, even with Francois. Their OL is not that good, and they were trying to replace a couple of WRs and Cook. Their defense, however, is still stout and will be tough to score on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2017, 8:04 AM

Tate, Murray, and Campbell are amazing talents at WR. They are like us in replacing players.

They have a couple other 4 star recruits at QB

Sep 23, 2017, 6:13 AM

as well. We've got backups too, they are just freshman and nobody knows about them so if our QB goes down everyone will assume we are in trouble too, but we won't be

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have a couple other 4 star recruits at QB

Sep 23, 2017, 6:17 AM

They have two freshmen, Hockman and Rizzo, but with Blackmon and Constantino or whatever his name is, they won't play them. I think they are trying to redshirt them. If something were to happen to Bryant, Cooper would step in. You're right, people would think we were doomed, just like losing Watson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2017, 6:17 AM

Not me. They will have a running game and they have a D.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2017, 6:59 AM

Personally, I don't write off anybody, especially if we haven't played them yet.
And don't forget that Lee Corso is part of that media, and whom did he pick last weekend?

Sep 23, 2017, 7:55 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't write them off, per se, but Francois could make some key clutch plays and seemed to be quite resilient last year, regardless of the O-Line. When people see that their O-Line is still suspect, and now you put a new freshman 3 star QB in that's at most 185 lbs soak and wet, the question now becomes "can they keep any QB healthy?" and "how resilient is that freshman?" Their D shouldn't be written off in the slightest, but the O really has some issues that against good defenses could become a major problem for them.

Sep 23, 2017, 8:02 AM

They have the talent if Blackmon can play decent. We will find out more today seeing they have not played.

The thing about it is...

Sep 23, 2017, 8:08 AM

I can't really take this off my mind--their 169-pounder QB getting killed on the field because of their o-line. Francois is a tough kid. I don't know if Blackman would be as tough.

Re: The thing about it is...

Sep 23, 2017, 8:48 AM

This is his senior year in high school. That kid won't make it three games with FSU's o-line.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2017, 8:13 AM

Kelly Bryant spent 2.5 years learning behind one of the best QBs in college football history, Blackman has only been on campus since the summer. FSU's oline still have tons of issues and they're still replacing one of their best RBs in school history. I don't think we blow them out, they have a d@mn good defense, but even before Francios went down I still liked our match up with them due to our front seven vs. their oline.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nobody plays with Bama like us.

Sep 23, 2017, 8:21 AM

We'll know what FSU is all about when they play NCS today. Right now I'd say their defense can score more points than NCS' offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree

Sep 23, 2017, 8:30 AM

Baffles me. Never write off a talented team that lost one key player. They often find ways to replace them and compensate through their "adversity".

"Through adversity a man is introduced to himself."

Re: Totally agree

Sep 23, 2017, 8:35 AM

Will find out an noon today if State's D-line can get to him. They couldn't get to pinto boy very often, and will see if they can hit him, and how he holds up. FSU hasn't played in two weeks, they will be anxious to hit someone else,

Sep 23, 2017, 8:45 AM

Not discounted at all. This Tiger fam just has many games that come before to stress about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic