Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Didn't realize Booker, KJ, and Blossomgame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,327

Didn't realize Booker, KJ, and Blossomgame

Feb 22, 2018, 2:20 PM

All were clients of the agency accused of all this shady stuff. But I think them leaving is a good sign.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/sources-spreadsheets-wiretaps-bank-records-detail-payment-scheme-hoops-corruption-case-001618078.html?__twitter_impression=true

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't realize Booker, KJ, and Blossomgame

Feb 22, 2018, 3:37 PM

Well I would bet that they didn't have to go and listen no further than Tobacco Rd to hear all they needed to know where the ACC was concerned!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be 1000 times more at ease if I

Feb 22, 2018, 4:57 PM

hadn't read anyone associated with Clemson's name in connection with what seems to be a ticking nuclear bomb ready to explode with details a lot of folks are going to be very unhappy (supposedly) about......I don't think ANYONE who follows college basketball would connect Clemson with shady goings on---certainly there's been no proof evident in seasonal records and gosh knows the Tigers' key to March Madness is very rusty.

Still, I hated seeing Merl Code's name in association with a shoemaker's underhanded dealings. And I trust Trevor, KJ, and Jaron were connected by business only

On the other hand, just a couple of weeks ago--thanks to an FOI filed by The Greenville News---it was finally made public that the university of south carolina was actually served with a subpoena by the FBI as they investigated Lamont Evans who had been on Frank Martin's staff just a few months earlier and---coincidentally---when the chickens made and won an NCAA Tournament game for the first time in 40 years and actually went to the Final 4.....the chickens are barely playing .500 ball this season and are near last place in their conference.

I guess that federal subpoena just slipped Pres. Pastides and AD Ray Tanner's minds when they addressed the media initially.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd be 1000 times more at ease if I

Feb 22, 2018, 5:07 PM

I'm not sure that any of those three would have been paid money to come to Clemson, probably were just signed them as agents.

The bigger issue is agents getting into high schooler's heads and paying their families in deals with teams and that sort of thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 5:12 PM [ in reply to I'd be 1000 times more at ease if I ]

Both PJ Dozier and Sindarius Thornwell were recruited by Evans and Martin has been quoted as saying he brought Evans on because of his recruiting ties. Hmmm...

Feb 22, 2018, 5:47 PM

What agent did they use? Did both Thornwell and Dozier have the same agent? Part of this investigation alleges that recruits were not only aligned with the shoe company but also aligned with agents out of high school (would already be set up with a particular agent).

And what really blows my mind is how the coots are Bowen's landing spot; if he is allowed to play collegiate basketball. *smoking gun and the live bullet*

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,327
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic