Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crutin Gurus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Crutin Gurus

Feb 24, 2018, 2:37 PM

I try to follow recruiting fairly but could some of you who live and breathe this stuff fill me in on some of the 5star or high high 4star type guys we are in the mix for in 2019?

From what I have seen we don't look to be in it with as many top rated (top 25) guys but will probably make a run at a ridiculous amount of top 300 guys. (Fingers crossed for 20)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crutin Gurus

Feb 24, 2018, 2:46 PM

I would count us out and a lot of those Top 25 guys. Dabo and Co. never go down without a fight, and even though we might not be getting a lot of buzz right now for these guys, I wouldn't say we aren't "in it" with a lot of them. In fact, I would say we have a good chance with quite a few of them.

Feb 24, 2018, 3:21 PM

I think we have a very good shot with Crouch. What ever happened with Pappoe? Are we still pursuing or in his top schools? Seems like I remember him visiting a long time ago and him saying we were one of his leaders.

Feb 24, 2018, 3:24 PM

UGA ends up with Pappoe , just my .02

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 25, 2018, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Crutin Gurus ]

There will also be the 3 and 4 star guys that our coaches have the ability to recognize them as elite talent prior to them getting moved up the rankings due to interested other schools than shall go unnamed. Seem to see guys we offer early make big jumps every year. Meyer at OSU doesn't even know who to offer until we do LOL

Feb 28, 2018, 8:37 AM

Yeah, the rankings are going to change a lot. Kendrick was a low 4 star at this time last year. Belk and Tindall were both 3 stars. All three players ended up as 5 star recruits as rated by 247. There's going to be a lot of movement.

Feb 28, 2018, 11:24 AM

So you don't wanna know about the 3* or low 4* guys were involved with??Hmm go figure

Crutin Guru here...

Feb 28, 2018, 12:29 PM

We are very much in it with some of the top prospects in this class beginning with QB Sam Howell (6-1 220) of Monroe, NC. His stock is soaring lately and the elite QB has already amassed over 10,000 yards passing and over 100 TDs. "Clemson will always be at the top," said Howell. “Since the first time I watched a game there it was a dream of mine to play there.”

Clemson already holds a verbal commitment from one of the top safeties in this class in Joseph Charleston (6-2 190) of Alpharetta, GA. Charleston is a hard hitting, ball-hawking safety who plays with an edge and should easily adjust to Brent Venables scheme.

One of the top-rated players in this class is All-American RB Quavris Crouch (6-2 225) of Charlotte, NC and he's considered a Clemson lean. Crouch rushed for 3,283 yards and 33 touchdowns last season when he was named N.C. Gatorade player of the year. "The good thing at Clemson, when I go there I really feel like I’m at home,” Crouch said. “I’m very comfortable being there."

Perhaps the most under-rated TE in this class is Jackson Lowe (6-5 215) of Cartersville, GA. You may have heard of his former QB, Trevor Lawrence, and many feel it's only a matter of time before Lowe joins him as a Tiger.

WR Frank Ladson (6-4 175) of Miami, FL has Clemson in his Top 5 and he was recently here for Junior Day. WR Jayshawn Sheffield (6-2 185) and WR Lance Wilhoite (6-2 180) are two other names to know but I'll give ya a surprise name and one who'll be here in March for Junior Day- WR Joseph Ngata (6-3 180) of Folsom, CA. Ngata might be the top WR in this class and last year he exploded for over 1700 yards to go with 26 scores. He's an All-American who has high interest in Clemson and I encourage you to check out his electric film.

Hogansville, GA lineman Keiondre Jones (6-4 310) is no stranger to Clemson's campus and the Tigers are one of his top schools along with Georgia, FSU and Ohio State. Buford, GA OT Harry Miller (6-4 300) named Clemson as one of his Top 5 schools and Miller was also in town for Junior Day in January. He holds the Tigers in very high regard and, you'll love this, his mom likes Clemson a lot. OG Clay Webb (6-3 300) of Oxford, AL is another elite recruit the Tiger's are in with as well.

Each year Grayson High School turns out many star prospects and OT Wanya Morris (6-5 295) has seen his stock skyrocket as he's on the cusp of a fifth-star. Morris has been a Clemson fan since he was 8 and his top group appears to include Georgia, FSU and Clemson. Grayson LB Kevin Harris (6-4 215) made it up for Junior Day and he's been a regular at Clemson. Harris totaled 43 tackles (10 for a loss) and 5 sacks last season and he may project as a DE at the next level. Five-star LB Owen Pappoe is another Grayson stud to track and Clemson is heavily involved in his recruitment.

Perhaps the name to know at defensive end is Zachh Pickens (6-3 250) of nearby Anderson,SC. He's on the brink of receiving his coveted fifth-star and his top schools appear to be Georgia, Clemson, South Carolina and Alabama. Last season Pickens had 72 tackles with 14 tackles for loss and 6 sacks.

Orlando, FL DE Raymond Cutts (6-3 220) recently took home defensive line MVP honors at a Rivals Camp and recently received an offer from Clemson. The offer made quite an impression as Cutts noted that the Tigers are now his top school.

Under Armour All-American DE Brandon Smith (6-5 215) of Mineral Springs, VA holds Clemson in high regards and was recently in town for Junior Day. “Clemson will be one of my top schools for sure,” Smith said. “They are doing of a good job of recruiting me right now."

Five-star end Kayvon Thibodeaux (6-5 240) included Clemson among his Top 12 schools recently but the California-native is still seeking an offer. He'll be taking visits soon and hopefully he'll make it to Death Valley where he can establish a lasting relationship with our staff. Thibodeaux is perhaps the top prospect in this class and his film is phenomenal. As a junior he tallied 20 sacks.

Thomaston, GA defensive lineman Travon Walker (6-4 260) gave a a final four of Clemson, UGA, Bama and South Carolina on November 6th, 2017. Walker visited Clemson is early January and he has a great relationship with coach Todd Bates. “If I had to explain it, it would have to be like one of my closest cousins,” Walker said of their relationship. “We just bond like that."

One of the more underrated defensive lineman in this class is Joshua Harris (6-5 295) of Roxboro, NC. After watching his film, it's easy to see his potential and he is reminiscent of Dexter Lawrence. "Harris is a one-man wrecking crew in the trenches. He's explosive off the ball and very strong at the point of attack. Harris plays with good leverage and shows good flexibility. The massive defensive tackle has the ability to collapse the pocket or split a double team."- Michael Clark, 247sports

Speaking of underrated, LB Bryton Constantin (6-2 220) of Baton Rouge, LA certainly fits that billing but the secret may be out on him. He completely dominated at a recent Rivals Camp and was the LB MVP of the event. "Coach Venables is telling me 'you're my guy,'" Constantin said, "and they want to get me up there for a junior day to meet the coaches." As a junior, he recorded 104 tackles, 23 tackles for loss, six sacks, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, and two defensive touchdowns. He'll be a high four-star prospect very soon.

Clemson is currently the favorite for LB Tra Wilkins (6-2 210) of Stone Mountain, GA. Wilkins visited Clemson for Junior Day in January with his mother and he plans to return for Junior Day in March. During the 2017 season, Wilkins recorded 75 tackles, including five sacks, along with three forced fumbles and two defensive touchdowns.

One elite name to know at defensive back is probably CB Andrew Booth (6-0 180) of Lawrenceville, GA. Booth named Clemson his clear favorite in January and said, “Clemson is looking down on mostly everybody right now.” His athleticism and instincts are what separate him from other prospects at this position and he certainly sounds like a Clemson man. “When I commit, I’m going to be 100 percent committed,” Booth said. “I’m not going to take anymore visits or entertain any other coaches. So I want to be completely sure when I do it.”

After Junior Day in March I should be releasing my 2019 Big Board. And it's very thorough. Feel free to hit me up anytime when it comes to recruiting.

Re: Crutin Guru here...

Feb 28, 2018, 3:51 PM

You are indeed a guru. Your list is about 10 miles ahead of mine right now. Actually I don't even have a list, I'm just not that organized when it comes to my krewtin' followin'.

So thanks for that. Very well done. Will say I have not heard encouraging things concerning Henry Miller but there's more than a few big linemen from up north we're trying to cherry-pick that we do seem to be in better standing with.

Feb 28, 2018, 4:31 PM

I appreciate it buddy. Last year was such a small class and early commits killed the need for an elaborate list. Since I've been recovering from the accident since October, I've had plenty of time to take notes. This years list is actually 56 pages, lol.

Regarding Harry Miller, I'd say we're in the Top 3 and that's pretty good standing as of now. Georgia probably holds the top spot but the Buckeyes are doing their best sales pitch as of lately and it would appear to be working. I really like his punch and mean-streak so I've tabbed him at #9 in his position and 82nd overall. This is probably the deepest offensive line class that there's been in a while.

Mar 1, 2018, 1:47 AM

Great info Bry, I appreciate that. Two thumbs up.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic