Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Couple of observations about the offense....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,310

Couple of observations about the offense....

Sep 25, 2017, 9:32 AM

-KB seems confused by zone coverage, holds the ball too long. He's not setting his feet and balls seem to float, even on screens. Streeter is working with him on this, so I'm not too concerned at this point. Yet.
-Perimeter blocking by WR's is not good this year. Our screen plays are getting blown up.
-Pass protect: we have issues at RT and TE. 'Nuff said.
-Playcalling is a little conservative. Not sure if this is by design or not. I'm thinking WR's aren't getting enough separation...our youth is showing.
-Screens: We need to get Rodgers and Powell going. I love McCloud, but I think we need someone with more lower body strength on these types of plays.
-Still confused why we can't get Etienne more touches. Philosphy seems to be put him in in the 4th quarter when defenses are tired. We need him in the game to keep linebackers frozen.
-Overton: get him the #### ball.
-Higgins: he's still not using his body to box out defenders on right shoulder fades. That will come, the talent is there. But he needs work.

We are young at the skill positions and it shows. The good news is, I would hope most of these issues will be resolved by November, when it counts.

There's a lot of good. Too much to list. But if we can get these items fixed, we can be scary good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Couple of observations about the offense....

Sep 25, 2017, 9:39 AM

I don't think anyone was expecting zone vs BC. May have taken some time to adjust to the gameplan.

BC forced us out of the screen game by placing LBs instead of nickles in coverage. Difficult for WR to block a big LB.

Others I mostly agree, but I like the combination of Feaster early and ETN in spots at the defense wears down.

Offense was very conservative to limit turnovers in a field position game, but I do think KB will continue to respond when we open things up. I understand the play call, but KB is not built for sustained drives like DW4.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Couple of observations about the offense....

Sep 25, 2017, 9:44 AM

Considering BC had shown man most of the year I don’t think anyone was expecting it. You could tell it caught Kelly off guard because it probably wasn’t what we planned for

I’m sure Streeter and the rest of the staff will be working with him this week as we will definitely see more zone this year after what happened Saturday. Offense did finally find a rythym at the end of the game so I was encouraged by that. I think one of Kelly’s best throws is when he rolls to his right and it gets him out of the pocket. Would like to see more of that this weekend to avoid the pressure as it would get him to the edge naturally if there isn’t a receiver open

Narrative doesn't match reality with ETN

Sep 25, 2017, 10:47 AM

The narrative is that philosophy you mentioned that we're putting him in in the 4th qtr intentionally when defenses are tired. The reality is that ETN only got that game breaking TD carry because Fuller was in the doghouse for fumbling and Feaster and Choice had just come off the field a play or two before with injuries. It was total happenstance that Travis was in the game at that point in time in the first place. Basically the coaches got lucky.

We have championship pedigree coaches so I don't think going forward that they will continue to turn a blind eye to Travis' obvious talent despite him needing improvement on other aspects of his game, but it is a mystery as to why it is taking this long. Maybe they've just dropped the ball in the area. Elliot has pretty much admitted as much himself.

Overton is key, someone who can catch like Mike Williams!

Sep 25, 2017, 10:57 AM

I expect he is targeted a lot and Cain will not be double covered. And Renfrow remains the steady reliable clutch receiver. Plus McCloud will be open more! And we need to use Powell more often.
A combo of starting Feaster, more of Etienne subbing in and occasional Choice will do the job at running back!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,310
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic