Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Controversial Post - Snowflake Warning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Controversial Post - Snowflake Warning

Nov 14, 2018, 7:37 AM

Tua is Injured and not just “banged up” Tua will very likely require some type of surgical procedure to get 100%

Saban knows 100% he’s is in trouble at QB with Hurts not ready yet to play and Tua where he is. The media knows it, ESPN knows it, the CFP Committee knows it but no one wants to come to terms with it.

Why? because Bama is VERY beatable by 4-5 teams without Tua and the Kabuki Theatre we all get spoon fed falls apart without Tua. Notice how the Bama narrative for Miss State shifted to Bama’s Defense and not the fact that Bama could not score without Tua, absent a FG. In fact if you take away the 2TD lead Bama efficiently got early with their third TD coming off a muffed punt giving them a short field Bama really had two real scoring drives. Add in the Bama home cookin of no penalties vs 50 yards against Miss State and the ghost TD call back, Bama had a very pedestrian win here.

This little charade will end soon and,Bama unless Tua is truly just nicked up and needing rest not surgery, is a less complete team than their last two. ESPN and Nick keep pulling the covers over their head and wishing the monster away, but it’s coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Controversial Post - Snowflake Warning

Nov 14, 2018, 7:41 AM

I think our guys are capable of beating Alabama at full go , with a healthy Tua Taigavaloa . Our defense would be ( by far ) the best he would see this year ( sorry LSU , Michigan or UGa ) but we'd need to have a solid performance by our OL ,Trevor and the offensive playmakers ... same as we did in 2016. I think he and Trevor are on par , I think our run game is better and our defense is slightly better. Special teams is the question , as it was in 2015 when we lost a close one to them .
Being sincere here ...I'd go 27-20 Clemson head to head .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 14, 2018, 8:36 AM

Trevor just needs to get the delayed rushes figured out. Or should I say, our OL and RB's need to figure it out or some combination of the two. Because some coach saw that on a tape and now he's exposed in that regard and teams are basically just abusing the #### out of it over and over. Hopefully our coaches and players can get that sorted and then I don't see much of anybody having a chance at beating us.

And uhh, obviously also his long ball. There's not really much he can 'fix' regarding that though unfortunately since the problem is actually just his insane pass velocity making the timing window absolutely minuscule on passes that far down the field. They could ask him to try to take a bit off of his throws and try to toss more rainbow style balls but that'd require him retraining his muscle memory to alter his throwing motion and could result in messing up his insanely accurate throws on all of the other short-medium range passes. So, as for long balls, all he can really do is just toss a few hundred with each deep threat receiver until they can work out the nearly impossible timing. OR...load up more long ball plays that cut into a slant across the field which he and the receivers almost never seem to miss. I think that's because he's able to lead them the appropriate amount for his laser passes since he can gauge how far in front to toss it as opposed to when he doesn't have that view and perspective on the routes that just run straight down the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 8:40 AM

Because if you bottom line it. It just comes down to the fact that fast receivers can run down balls laid out down the field in front of them when thrown by almost every average QB. But ain't NOBODY running down a TL ball if it's tossed ahead of them.

So as I said before, hope the OC's eventually realize what's going on just swap almost all of those plays out for deep slants.

Nov 14, 2018, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Controversial Post - Snowflake Warning ]

The receivers appear to be running in sand whenever they go on deep routes for TL except for the time Amari actually sped up to catch the pass at FSU. We know Rodgers was the second read on that play and did not expect to get the pass. I wonder if that’s the case with a lot of these missed throws - the receiver isn’t expecting the ball so not going full out but lack the jets to speed up quickly enough when the realize the ball is coming their way? The Ross pass against BC going into the half was especially bad because that looked right in the money except Ross appeared to slow up at the end - others commented he appeared to favor his sore hamstring after.

Something does need fixing here. TL did fine on deep balls in high school and apparently nails them in practice. Don’t know why the games in college would be different.

Nov 14, 2018, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Controversial Post - Snowflake Warning ]

I agree with Tigerdug23. I think we are so evenly matched that it would come down to a mistake by one of the teams to determine the winner. I think at this point Clemson would win by a TD or FG

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Agree...I Would Submit If Both Teams Had to Play Their 2s

Nov 14, 2018, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Controversial Post - Snowflake Warning ]

and 3s Clemson would win by 14+ I truly think Clemson is holistically a much better team. Tua at full health is a touch better than TL, by next year I think TL is better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol

Nov 14, 2018, 7:53 AM

Who exactly were you expecting to trigger with this on a Clemson board?

People here just like to call anyone and everyone snowflakes

Nov 14, 2018, 8:35 AM

Because anyone who disagrees with me is obviously soft.

You've become jaded***

Nov 14, 2018, 8:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The Metrosexuals Who TDed The Post***

Nov 14, 2018, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Lol ]

Nov 14, 2018, 8:32 AM

ok. we have the same vulnerabilty and saw earlier we are only a play away from having an issue. Thats why I would like to see TL dump the ball when its not there instead of holding it. Also no running on designed plays

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

74, the RPO is a huge part of our offense

Nov 14, 2018, 9:13 AM

The RPO is severely limited in effectiveness if you take any threat of the QB run out of the equation. I agree with you that our hopes really do rest on TL's health and good decision making. I cringe when he runs, knowing we're in trouble if he suffers a serious injury. But if we're going to rely so much on the RPO, it's imperative that TL runs whenever the DE collapses on the RB. Every time he does, though, I feel a knot in my gut.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I think he has a torn meniscus or something

Nov 14, 2018, 8:44 AM

He could get surgery after the SEC championship game and potentially be ready to go by the playoffs come, but he still won't be 100%. Depending on the severity it can take months to recover from a torn meniscus, and it looks pretty severe the way he is hobbling around. I think they are just going to try to keep playing him until he just physically can't play anymore. If he gets to the point where he can't play against us in the national championship they are toast.

Re: I think he has a torn meniscus or something

Nov 14, 2018, 11:59 AM

Saban has proven he has no qualms with ruining his players without a single care for their post-Bama career.

Without Tua or Hurts, Bama may not beat Auburn***

Nov 14, 2018, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Kabuki Theater = awesome analogy +1. I laughed when

Nov 14, 2018, 9:13 AM

I read that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree but hate what the narrative will be if he goes down

Nov 14, 2018, 9:46 AM

before or when we play them. I want to beat them straight up, no excuses.

We all know Saban is a win at all costs coach. Hopefully parents will see how he treats his players like chattel. There is no way Tua should be playing against the Citadel. If he really is just slightly banged up why wouldn't his coach let him rest up and heal?

We will beat the shi+ out of whoever we play

Nov 14, 2018, 9:48 AM

15-0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 10:47 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaker_gun

The thing to take away from Bama v Miss St is that

Nov 14, 2018, 10:59 AM

the Miss St DL pwned the Bama OL for much of the game.

Clemson DL > Miss St DL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Nov 14, 2018, 11:12 AM

If the officials don't protect Bama's undefeated season, I'm not sure they win that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

who cares? If you are right they will lose the SEC

Nov 14, 2018, 12:01 PM

And if they still make it, they will lose to us....

As the great coach always says just win and the rest will sort itself out.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic