Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cold hard truth - Kelly Bryant is not a good QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Cold hard truth - Kelly Bryant is not a good QB

May 21, 2018, 11:30 PM

Look at his stats. Look at his throws. He's a big RB. He handcuffs our offense when he's the QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cold hard truth - Kelly Bryant is not a good QB

May 21, 2018, 11:35 PM

Handcuffs us right to the playoffs he does.

May 21, 2018, 11:47 PM

bmore wishes his team had a QB !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I can understand why a coot wouldn’t like him.

May 22, 2018, 9:33 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Cold hard truth - Kelly Bryant is not a good QB ]

What did he do against elite competition that had to beg their way into the playoffs. We lost that game before the kick off!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 11:56 PM

He lost one game lol. We beat Auburn, we beat Miami, we beat VT on the road. Maybe you consider elite only Bama.

May 22, 2018, 10:17 AM

We have to beat the ELITE teams for us to be a championship team!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Cold hard truth - Kelly Bryant is not a good QB ]

We were in that game in the 3rd quarter and were driving so idk what you mean lost it before kickoff.

May 22, 2018, 8:08 AM

And on the play of the turnover we had a wide wide open receiver across the middle for a possible td. If we hit on that okay and take the lead we win. BUT and there’s always a BUT lol it’s my personal opinion we could’ve already have been in the lead with a qb who could throw down field to change field position. Of course he did that on one play with that beautiful throw on the run that Cain just dropped ?????

May 22, 2018, 8:20 AM

If our OL and RB didn't miss blocking assignments he may have been able to throw the ball. He should have felt the pressure and got it out quicker or took the sack but that could have happened to any QB. I have seen great pro qbs get hit while throwing and throw an int.

May 22, 2018, 8:25 AM

Happened to Tom to end the super bowl last year

May 22, 2018, 8:28 AM

Yep and not saying KB is anything close to a good pro QB but if that play didn't happen there is no telling how the Bama game would have went. Tho even if we won and KB didn't have great passing stats I believe we would still be having the QB controversy and rightfully so. A player like TL doesn't come around often.

May 22, 2018, 8:36 AM

I agree. The entire first half of that game was dictated by Phil position and we were on the bad end of that unfortunately. Yet going into half time we’re down one possession after all that great bama field position. I just feel like this year with Trevor Lawrence slinging it and the same defense if not better, how is anybody going to stay within three scores of us? Somebody will because we’ll have 1 bad game but I see us destroying everybody

May 22, 2018, 8:36 AM

Field

May 22, 2018, 8:50 AM

I kinna like Phil as opposed to field.??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Cold hard truth - Kelly Bryant is not a good QB ]

Thank FSU for imploding while you are discussing how he got there.

1. Lost main QB (reason they were high ranked at the beginning)
2. Didn't have Dalvin Cook and never developed a good replacement.
3. Team started giving up on Fisher.
4. We're a 3-6 team with nothing to play for but pride... Championship was already out the window, eventually needed an FCS win just to become bowl eligible.

Sure am glad DW4 and TB got that same bone in comparison with their main Atlantic rival that always determines who goes to the ACC-CG. Don't know how they would have gotten there if they played undefeated 8-10 win versions instead.

Message was edited by: Tigerman1978

May 21, 2018, 11:54 PM

Yes no way KB leads us to victory over a good FSU team right?

May 21, 2018, 11:56 PM

Do you think Bentley could, a guy that needed a late FG to beat Louisiana Tech? Just curious, seeing they are only 4 ranks apart in passing efficiency, neither in the top 50.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8/p2

Can't have it both ways.

May 22, 2018, 8:17 AM

Do you think similar passing efficiency numbers make the qbs on in the same? Their passing was similar but KB had almost 600 more rushing yards and had 6 more total TDs with 4 less ints. Not sure the number of fumbles. BTW DW4 barely beat Troy and lost to a mediocre Pitt team at home does that mean be isn't good?

May 22, 2018, 8:17 AM

He*

amen coney!! Very well put.

May 22, 2018, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Cold hard truth - Kelly Bryant is not a good QB ]

Go KB and Clemson Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled "Jakey Breakly"

May 21, 2018, 11:51 PM

Oh, and he can't run worth #### either.

Re: You misspelled

May 21, 2018, 11:55 PM

Psssttt... He's only 4 ranks above "Mr Breakly" in passing efficiency, just an FYI... If Breakly isn't that good, what does it make the guy only 4 above him?

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8/p2

May 21, 2018, 11:59 PM

Now compare their rushing stats.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 12:03 AM

Why, are they running backs? How about I compare his and ETN's instead... The actual team rushing leader. A QB doesnt just run.... And I don't think anyone is arguing running as a weakness for KB.... So stay on subject of what is the issue, if you can. Or is the subject now that Trevor Lawrence can outrun Bryant? Could have swore it's passing everyone is discussing.

If u must know though, both Tavien and Travis rank higher in rushing yards per game than Bryant, who sits at #169 of 200 ranked rushers with that being his main strength. Pocket passer Pro-style Bentley isn't ranked, as anyone who understands differences of systems run would guess.
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/7/p4

May 22, 2018, 12:20 AM

KB is a dual-threat QB. Rushing stats should be considered in the big picture.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 12:30 AM

Bentley is not though (he's Pro-style) nor does he play in a similar offense with QB run, so you are comparing apples and oranges. That'd be like comparing DW4 to Tom Brady in rushing. It would be an absurd comparison unless they are both dual threat QB's.

May 22, 2018, 12:39 AM

You seemed to be suggesting that Bryant and Bentley were roughly equivalent QBs because of their passing efficiency rankings, without mentioning that KB is far more effective a runner than JB.

May 22, 2018, 8:25 AM

Some people just don't understand. That is part of what makes KB good. He can run it which makes a D have to play differently. If you have 2 qbs with the same passing stats but 1 of them have much better rushing stats it is pretty easy to say that the one with better rushing stats is the better qb.

May 22, 2018, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: You misspelled ]

Nm

May 22, 2018, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: You misspelled ]

:)

May 22, 2018, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: You misspelled ]

Bentley is not a bad QB btw but our guy can also run the ball which counts in football if you didn't know. You get 6 points if you throw it to a player or run it past the goal line.

Have you considered a prosthetic character implant?

May 22, 2018, 12:32 AM

Either that or find a willing woman.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you truly are a Clemson,what is gained by coming on this

May 22, 2018, 12:33 AM

Forum and ripping our starting QB? A QB I might add that lead us to one of our 5th best seasons in school history. Did you do it too show of your brilliant football IQ? Or because you enjoy finding faults in people who are much better than you? If it’s the former it was an absolute fail.

2018:
Clemson 70
USCjr 13

Go Tigers!!!!

May 22, 2018, 1:25 AM

bmoretiger said:

Look at his stats. Look at his throws. He's a big RB. He handcuffs our offense when he's the QB.

And yet he was still good enough to beat your chickens!!!!.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have no right to say this on Tigernet.....

May 22, 2018, 1:35 AM

You're not a Clemson University athelete. You haven't put in the sweat and blood that he has with the football team. Crimp and Bmeist once didn't put up with athletes being trashed on this site. It was/is in the rules of posting here. Maybe you should look in the mirror and question your tigerhood. You sound like a coot. Bless your heart.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 4:23 AM

Beating a dead horse man...

I believe many people truly believe that he is just what he is and are deep down know that he's not a good passing QB. I see both parties as being correct...KB, with him being as limited as he is, took us to the playoffs....on the other hand, we go from a QB who through 45 TDs to one that threw 13? There y a go

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

HA! You Said It. Look at his stats Fool.***

May 22, 2018, 5:31 AM

May 22, 2018, 5:39 AM

Cold hard truth - Kelly Bryant IS a good QB, but not great. Actually, it's a pretty dumb thing to say, but then again, when does that stop some people on a free message board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 6:42 AM

Bmiretiger is not as good troll. He handcuffs this board with lameness

Well, let's try to run another one off. Just shut up...

May 22, 2018, 6:59 AM

and let the coaches do their job.

Cold Hard Truth

May 22, 2018, 8:47 AM

bmoretiger is either a Coot or the worst Clemson fan ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

He's a coot!

May 22, 2018, 9:28 AM

>bmoretiger is either a Coot or the worst Clemson fan ever

I vote coot. Mods, please take out this coot trash and let him go tell his chicken buddies how five head is going to win the Heisman

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes I am sure they are coots then I remember that

May 22, 2018, 9:44 AM

guy a couple of rows behind me at every game home and away no matter where I sit that complains about everything except when something good happens and then he is quiet as a mouse and sits there pizzzzed with his arms crossed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sometimes I am sure they are coots then I remember that

May 22, 2018, 10:25 AM

Some of the human race can't ever be satisfied, and sugar is bitter in their mouth!!!

Unfortunately the world is full of people that

May 22, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Sometimes I am sure they are coots then I remember that ]

can't appreciate the good things in life because they harp on the negative. Some of them post on Tigernet. I could name a few but that would constitute a list.

The world could use more people like @MyfavOrange®. The guy has been dealt more suck-a$$ hands in life than anyone deserves, but he's one of the most positive people I know. I choose to spend my time with people like him and avoid people like the guy behind you at games.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

May 22, 2018, 9:53 AM

Okay Ive tried to stay away from this but there's too many KB sympathizers out there that love the guy so much as a person that they will defend him no matter what. Fact - KB is not a good passer. Fact - KB is a good runner. Fact - we can win with a lot of average QB's out there because we, as a team, are just that talented (See Alabama). The problem is when we face Bama or any team with a very good defense KB is not the guy. So we need a guy that can stretch the field on Bama. That way they cant stack the box. Make them double cover our WR then ETN and Feast Mode can run and TL (if named starter)can use RPO effectively.

Guys I know he's a great guy. Dabo rarely misses on high character players, but stop pretending like he's a top 5 talent. He's an average college QB and if he's smart he'll pull a Braxton miller and change positions because the KB does not have NFL potential at QB. If you think he does then bless your heart.

Now it makes sense....

May 22, 2018, 10:04 AM

Ive been wondering why we won 12 games last year, a division title, a conference championship, and a 3rd straight playoff appearance. Its all because Kelly B is not a good QB... Look, I understand the frustration here I really do. I thought Kelly could have made better plays last year, and I thought MAYBE Hunter could have been a better passer at times. Look who he had to follow though. To come in and start for the first time following DW4 and a national championship, not to mention having to play the schedule that we did, I thought he did a great job. Since when is 12-2 such a horrible thing that it means we must have a terrible QB? Give the guy a break and lets rally behind whoever Dabo puts in that position. Goal #1 is to WIN. Whether that is Kelly, Trevor, or Chase, I dont care as long as we win. One bad season and a bunch of idiots will be calling for a coaching change lol. Win as a team, lose as a team. Go Tigers!

"Dont sweat the petty stuff, and dont pet the sweaty stuff."

May 22, 2018, 10:27 AM

That is opinion and therefore cant be "truth"

Please learn the difference chicken boy.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 22, 2018, 11:09 AM

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic