Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson in late 60s-When we lived in the country country
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Clemson in late 60s-When we lived in the country country

Mar 21, 2018, 3:29 PM

It almost seems like a dream now to remember how rural it was here in late 60s and early 70s.I was driving home the other day and looking at all the houses around where I live and I was thinking that now we live in the suburbs of the Clemson/Seneca Metro area , complete with pizza delivery on what was a country road back when .lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice, here'sa little bigger pic for the visually challenged.

Mar 21, 2018, 4:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

look at those ugly grey sludge holes back there. Glad they

Mar 21, 2018, 4:41 PM

put in a Lake before i came. made the place so much nicer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Nice, here'sa little bigger pic for the visually challenged.

Mar 21, 2018, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Nice, here'sa little bigger pic for the visually challenged. ]

drone pigs from the 60's always had that soft filmic quality.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Johnstone was the nicest

Mar 21, 2018, 4:46 PM

Tin can and concrete slab I ever lived in this "country".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and the people I met and the music they turned me

Mar 21, 2018, 5:29 PM

on to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget

Mar 21, 2018, 5:34 PM

The asbestos snowflakes. I wonder how many have cancer of the lungs? Yeah I had to go there. He's cool let him in.

Re: Clemson in late 60s-When we lived in the country country

Mar 21, 2018, 4:57 PM

I remember it well. I love Clemson, then and now. Frequently when on campus I am reminded that it's no longer the school I attended. Yep, in some ways it is the same, but in many ways it's much much different.

Right about now, I'm sounding like my grandfather used to sound, so I'll shut up.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't look in the mirror

Mar 21, 2018, 5:38 PM

You might look like him.??
How you been Harley?

And before the chuckleheads took away the road across

Mar 21, 2018, 6:00 PM

where Strom Thurmond Center is now.

Mar 21, 2018, 6:51 PM

Yea but do you people really know about the football team then, Charlie Dumas, Elmo Lam, Jim Parker, Ray Addison, Don Chuy, Hugh Mauldin, Ron Scrudato, Harry Pavilack, Jim Anderson, Jimmy Howard etc. And how loud it was in Fike Field House? And how Jimmy Howard was always at the door of Fike hanging around and dressed very nice. The Cow Palace was louder than a drag race at Commerce!!! I've done both. Or basketball, Choppy Patterson, Gary Helms, all the Mahaffeys Tommy, Randy, Ritchie, Donnie, or Dave Angel, and Jim Sutherland. I know, who is this guy he never gets on here much........

Mar 21, 2018, 9:05 PM

forgot joe ayoob.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Buddy Gore says hello!

Mar 22, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson in late 60s-When we lived in the country country ]

How could possibly have list of 60's players and forget him?

David Angel doesn't quite fit this 1960s list.

Mar 22, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson in late 60s-When we lived in the country country ]

But you could add Buddy Benedict.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2018, 7:03 PM

Who lived in the White House in the center of the pic or was that the early infirmary? It was gone by the '70's and a Womens' parking lot was located where that grove of trees was. Girls who didn't have a car would get a parking pass for a football player since the jock dorm was nearby and the jocks didn't have their own designated parking lot.

When we lived in the country, and lost the big Oak Tree

Mar 21, 2018, 8:56 PM

by Sirrine Hall in the Summer of 1969. Late afternoon thunderstorm came across campus from the lake. A huge bolt of lightning hit the tree and it literally exploded.

We found parts of the tree lying on the ground level porch area of manning hall later that afternoon. There were pieces of that tree all over the South Campus area.

That's the original Redfern.

Mar 22, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson in late 60s-When we lived in the country country ]

The new Redfern is still under construction to the left.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was the Clemson from my time there

Mar 22, 2018, 5:10 AM

from 1965 to 1969.

The library was opened during those days, and Littlejohn debuted in December 1968, my senior year.

As most of us walked everywhere, I suspect fellow students from that era became very familiar with the entire campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was the Clemson from my time there

Mar 22, 2018, 10:20 PM

'64 to '68.that's when I learned to appreciate an umbrella.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

2 things I am curious about in the picture

Mar 23, 2018, 3:21 PM

Does anyone know what year the water tower on 123 was put up and this was asked in a previous reply but what was the white house just to the right of center?

I gotta say I keep looking back at that picture to see if there are things that stand out.It's almost like you could jump into that picture and go back to the early 70s and smell the air and the humidity.I keep looking up 123 in the picture to see if I can see Seneca where I would go to Harpers 5 and Dime to get a cherry slush (never the coke-always the cherry) and a bag of popcorn.Oh and there were the BILO cows on top of the store! lol I miss the cows!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic