Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chase Brice...do not underestimate him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Chase Brice...do not underestimate him

Dec 16, 2017, 12:38 PM

Those close to the program say he is pushing the other QB’s quite nicely...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chase Brice...do not underestimate him

Dec 16, 2017, 12:41 PM

I agree. I think all of our quarterbacks will take it to the next level . Coach Streeter is doing an amazing job with these guys.

#QBU
GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think after Bryant and TL he seems the most talented.

Dec 16, 2017, 12:44 PM

He just seemed less physically mature and raw than HJ. I liked his film way more. He looked like a late bloomer. I hope he stays at Clemson for 5 years.

I honestly believe we could field 2 separate teams in '18

Dec 16, 2017, 1:12 PM

and have the best and 3rd best teams in the atlantic division.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 1:26 PM

I’m sure he will be a great qb somewhere in the future.

Dec 16, 2017, 6:16 PM

I hope you wear a tie out in public!

Dec 16, 2017, 9:10 PM

To hold your foreskin down.

Dec 16, 2017, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Chase Brice...do not underestimate him ]

I don't think he'll be going anywhere. His uncle is Micky Conn .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really do not like the waste at the QB position

Dec 16, 2017, 1:55 PM

No offense to KB who has performed well and is still the least likely to succeed at QB in the NFL, due to his lack of long range accuracy. This means most QB's on the team will need to transfer for playing time and their NFL audition. Unsure of what the criteria will be to start on this talented team next year . There may or may not be a QB competition. If KB wins the championship with the most talented team in college football, the position is set for 2018. If Tigers trip up, then Dabo may consider other options by mid-season 2018 particularly if KB has any interest in a Braxton Miller-like multi-position role to enhance his chances at an NFL career. But Brice and most of the balance of QB's will never get a shot in the games. It's just a numbers game.

Bottomline, our QB position has players who will transfer and could easily end up as stars in the NFL - similar to RB's underutilized college RB's Terrell Davis and Arian Foster.

Sure, it's a good problem to have and we can thank Deshaun Watson and coaching staff for outstanding recruiting. I like the focus on OL recruiting (and skill players) which will ensure the success of all talented Clemson QB's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see our QB plethora as a waste at all.

Dec 16, 2017, 2:25 PM

Look at Ohio State just three years ago when they went from a Heisman contender in Braxton Miller to JT Barrett to Cardale Jones for the finish. I think a lot of us were disappointed that Cooper couldn't quite get it done in his big shot at Syracuse this season. If anyone might be more considering a transfer, it might be him at this point.

Like someone mentioned earlier though, our coaching and prep work, the overall aspect of the program and the people involved, I feel like the most talented QBs we have are going to want to stick around and be a part of that for the long haul. Just too much talent to practice and prep with on all sides as well - a highly competitive environment everywhere you look. They will all get opportunities as they have this year. If KB gets banged up we have a couple of guys with some experience that will have to step up. I believe Streeter is just the man to help make that happen if necessary.

Dabo and Co. played it ultra-conservative this year in almost every aspect of the game, dilgigently, throughout the last minutes of the season. This was, after all, a major reloading year on offense - no way around that - and they gameplanned both sides of the ball and special teams to simply minimize mistakes and play technically sound football in 11-man tight units. The results are pretty special.

With even more talent, plus experience throughout the skill positions and a few more competitors coming in there, who knows where our playcalling will take us next season and beyond.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who has seen Chase Brice play or even practice?

Dec 16, 2017, 2:09 PM

Nobody in here. Dabo has said to keep an eye on him, that he came in and really impressed. Dabo's word certainly carries some weight, but can we honestly take that and then go on to say how good or talented he is relative to our other QBs? I know it's fun to speculate, but come on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Not me....but Jimmy Greenbeans said he mostly hung up his cleats this year...

Dec 16, 2017, 5:44 PM

That Chase was doing just fine without him.

Not in college but seen him play on TV several times.

Dec 16, 2017, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Who has seen Chase Brice play or even practice? ]

Really good QB without ever seeming rattled.

Regardless of the out come of this season. The QB battle will start in the Spring and the best player for the team will start. But what an amazing job the coaches have done to bring in "great people who happen to be great football players."

Regardless of the out come of this season. The QB battle will start in the Spring and the best player for the team will start. But what an amazing job the coaches have done to bring in "great people who happen to be great football players."

is that you Mrs Brice?

Dec 16, 2017, 5:59 PM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i saw him in the state championships last year.

Dec 16, 2017, 6:11 PM

He is a scrapper. Lead a drive in OT to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic