Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brian Bowen questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,005

Brian Bowen questions

Jan 19, 2018, 12:26 AM

I suppose its painfully obvious why colleges continued to seek the services of Bowen even after news of the scandalous FBI/Justice Dept investigation and arrests splashed across national headlines. Rick Pitino, the Louisville AD and a number of assistant coaches lost their jobs, yet Frank Martin and Ray Tanner continued recruiting Bowen and naturally they did so under the tacit approval of usuck prez Harris Pastides.

Why did The Greenville News have to obtain judgement from a Freedom of Information inquiry to get usuck to release the particulars and existance of a warrant from the FBI when they had previously released a statement saying all matters related to the investigation were resolved?? Why didn't The State chase this story?? Its a known fact The State has allowed stories of the arrests of usuck basketball players to go unreported for months. And any mention of player discipline is notoriously ambiguous and absent of detail. Appears Frank Martin controls the sports dept there as effectively as Spurrier did after he basically had a sports editor dismissed. I've watched Martin's sideline antics this season and they don't seem to have significantly changed since Tanner was forced to discipline his head coach a couple of seasons ago

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/04/sports/ncaabasketball/louisville-pitino-bowen-ncaa.html

Are we supposed to believe Bowen's father no longer has any financial dealings with his soon-to-be-fabulously-rich son?? No one with half a brain can possibly believe Bowen just coincidentally committed to Louisville a few days after Adidas employees (including former Clemson player Merl Code) made a $25,000 payment to Mr. Bowen, Sr., via a "backdoor" account--the first of $100,000 total to be paid to the family.

Considering the FBI warrant served on usuck's athletic dept when the scandal was breaking news, that a recent usuck asst coach had been arrested and what had happened at Louisville, doesn't it defy rational thought that Tanner (Pastides) gave Martin permission to continue recruiting this young man??
Would it surprise anyone to read a story in the near future that NCAA investigators were snooping around the usuck basketball program (although maybe not in The State)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They hired Martin because they knew he was a cheater...

Jan 19, 2018, 12:51 AM

he ain't running it, he just fits in with the culture at that school

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The FBI might, considering their former assistant...

Jan 19, 2018, 12:53 AM

was only a year removed from SCU and got caught, and SCU and Sindarious Thornwell are mentioned the FBI report.

Re: The FBI might, considering their former assistant...

Jan 19, 2018, 7:38 AM

Sindarius Thornwell and PJ Dozier were mentioned back when the scandal broke in late September 2017. I'm not sure of the specifics but do know Lamont Evans was credited in the recruitment of both players.

Re: Brian Bowen questions

Jan 19, 2018, 1:16 AM

It definitely presents pretty bad optics and shows a lack of anything but the desire to win (the SEC way), but I'd imagine that they aren't paying Bowen to come and if they were the only ones willing to stoop that low there's very little risk. At worst he either leaves for the draft in the spring and they can say they had a first round draft pick or the NCAA refuses to reinstate him and he once again leaves for the draft. At best he's probably the best player on that team and maybe he can draw somebody else in accordance with their Zion Williamson schemes.

It's really no difference then Saban hiring Hugh Freeze if that winds up happening. If nobody is going to stop you, and the SEC sure the heck isn't, they why not?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2018, 7:28 AM

I find it hilarious that the dirtpeckers accuse us of cheating yet they were part of a FBI report accusing their asst coach of taking money, signed a kid who is ineligible to play at Louisville - the king of cheating, and their football team was also recently issued penalties by the NCAA as well.

Yet, Clemson is the program that's cheating? The reality is that the dirtpeckers can't beat us in anything so they're now taking desperate measures to try and compete. Fear the Fist ??

Jan 19, 2018, 8:12 AM

And their head basketball coach (Martin) specifically said he brought the assistant (Evans) over with him because of his strong recruiting ties, when they hired Frankie. Ha

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,005
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic