Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Besides Clemson. . . . . . you know who else
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Besides Clemson. . . . . . you know who else

Oct 20, 2018, 11:56 PM

Georgia is probably happier than anyone Ohio St. lost. They will now get to be called the best 11-2 team in college football history and deserves to be in the playoffs b/c they lost to top 10 LSU and top 10 Bama!

Meanwhile if you are the Tigers; going to Tallahassee and "smacking FSU around like Purdue did Ohio St. would be great"! Despite their record; FSU is still very respected and it would show any doubting Thomas's out there in voter land they are looking at the real deal! I'll take a win; but a good solid on both sides of the ball win would be great!

Does it give the Tigers breathing room? Unclear; probably depends on what ND does! As of now I would have:
Clemson
Bama
LSU
Notre Dame

Of course, LSU and Bama play and if Bama hands LSU another loss they are pretty much done! Which is where Georgia could sneak back in the conversation. Especially since they would have beaten the juggernauts like Tennessee like Bama did today!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Besides Clemson. . . . . . you know who else

Oct 21, 2018, 12:05 AM

Win out all the way and we are champions. That’s my medicine for this but I am no MD

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

15-0. One Team. One Dream.***

Oct 21, 2018, 12:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Would Bama Get IN If Georgia Beat Them In Champ GM?

Oct 21, 2018, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Besides Clemson. . . . . . you know who else ]

Let's assume everyone everybody is talking now "wins out" but Georgia upsets Bama in the SEC CG. Would the committee have enough "audacity" to keep Bama out? They should; but then they say their job is to get the best 4 teams in. Which means almost you may as well tell bama not to play any games. B/C they could likely lose a few games and some not so bright media type would still want them in there. In that scenario: assuming everyone wins out - and assuming Georgia and Bama were in - who gets left out?
Not Clemson!

Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Meat Chicken, Ohio St.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least they would have won the West.

Oct 21, 2018, 12:13 AM

Last year they didn’t deserve getting a bye into the CFP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Besides Clemson. . . . . . you know who else

Oct 21, 2018, 12:09 AM

UGA would have to beam Bama which ain't happening.

Bama
Clemson
ND (maybe)
Big 12 or 10 champ.

If ND loses the Pac has a chance

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic