Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball commitments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,649

Baseball commitments

Apr 20, 2018, 10:50 AM

Can’t really follow baseball recruiting like I’d like bc now a days every website to follow costs money so my question is do any of y’all know if we have any nationally ranked guys coming in next year. I know usually we’ll have a guy or two commit but then decide to go to big leagues but every know and then they’ll decide to come to school (Seth Beer??) So if any of y’all do know I’d love to hear what you have to say

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball commitments

Apr 20, 2018, 12:01 PM

I wish you could but you're right in that it costs money and there must be a dozen rating services out there. Bad thing is you can have a commit but I guess it doesn't mean anything until they sign and on campus. The 4 listed below is from "The Baseball Factory" top 100 for 2018. I put their rank according to TBF. Just in case you were wondering, Vandy has the #1 guy and probably at least 10 of the top 100... hth

Charles Mack, 66
Carter Raffield, 61
Parker Meadows, 56
Adam Hackenberg, 90

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Private Universities

Apr 20, 2018, 12:25 PM

Definitely have a recruiting advantage when it comes to the non-revenue sports.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question though

Apr 20, 2018, 12:14 PM

It's pretty easy in football to know that Dabo is the G O A T. I would love to know our baseball recruiting progress since Monte took over. Not that it would be but 2 years since you start recruiting the kids when their sophomores in high school.

It would be nice to know if, take for instance, the recruits that came in his first class are over/under performing based on their initial ratings... Again, easy to point to dabo and see how well he's developed talent etc. Not sure if you can do that with Monte yet or if that's something in Baseball you can even measure.

In any case, it would nice to have more in depth analysis.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good question though

Apr 20, 2018, 1:30 PM

Exactly man it’s aggravating when you can’t follow the recruiting, but hopefully these guys will provide some huge bats next year because we will need em

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,649
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic