Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone surprised Dabo praised the O-Line so much ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,994

Anyone surprised Dabo praised the O-Line so much ?

Sep 24, 2017, 10:11 PM

Bryant had a BC DL in his face almost every time he tried to throw a pass.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone surprised Dabo praised the O-Line so much ?

Sep 24, 2017, 10:24 PM

BC blitzed every other play, and Bryant held on to the ball to long.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 10:29 PM

I thought they did well in run blocking. And blitzes were the main reason KB was hit. Though the first int was from a 4 man rush and Hyatt got pushed back and back...

But I trust Dabo's judgement.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 10:42 PM

I bet the OL was surprised.

I was surprised to read that too

Sep 24, 2017, 10:59 PM

Sep 24, 2017, 11:40 PM

A bit. But not too much when I think about who our head coach is. I think this is the difference between college and pro. Or a class guy like Dabo and a mouth breather like Brian Kelly. Dabo will stay positive publicly to support his guys. Even when he knows they have work to do. This goes a long way with college kids. I know he and the staff address those O line issues in the right way. And admittedly there are times when this annoys me. But I'm on a need to know basis with Clemson football. Ultimately, coach Dabo is 100x the motivator and coach that I'll ever dream of being and I trust he knows when a (public) pat on the back is needed more than a kick in the nuggets.

That tells me Bryant was holding the ball too long and

Sep 24, 2017, 11:57 PM

consistently failed to make the hot read. Assuming Dabo doesn't revise those comments after watching more film, of course.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm no expert, but it didn't FEEL like KB was holding

Sep 25, 2017, 12:01 AM

the ball too long. It felt like they were on him quickly many times. But if Dabo praised the line, then they were either better than I thought or he has some good reason, I'm sure.

null

I really couldn't tell - I thought it was both at times. I'm

Sep 25, 2017, 12:33 AM

just basing it on what Dabo said now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: That tells me Bryant was holding the ball too long and

Sep 25, 2017, 12:06 AM [ in reply to That tells me Bryant was holding the ball too long and ]

I am not sure that he had a whole lot of options others than not turn it over, trust in the defense, and not force things. What did concern me is that Bryant's arm strength was exposed yesterday. Coach Scott eluded to the idea that BC was doing some things schematically that made it a tough day for our offense. Coaches will look at this game on how to defend us, and it is pretty early in the season for this. I am going to stop typing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,994
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic