Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any chance we are actually better next year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Any chance we are actually better next year?

Mar 21, 2019, 4:14 PM

Shelton Mitchell was hurt so much of the yea. Maybe his loss won't be that huge. Maybe those true frosh are awesome? They look great on film.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And maybe Tigerbalm is straight?

Mar 21, 2019, 4:15 PM

I certainly don't want to review the film to find out.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Maybe not better, but in a better position

Mar 21, 2019, 4:26 PM

It's going to be tough to replace Skara next year. That mans defense was instrumental in making some of those close losses close.

I think you're right that losing Mitchell may be a wash / an improvement since he was playing hurt most of the season. I appreciate his grit and don't mean that last comment as a slight.

Now Thomas on the other hand.... the guy has "talent" but did he really help this team and contribute as much as he should have? It's my opinion, and it may be unpopular, that we will be better off without him. He had too many games where he eaither got lost or completely threw off the game plan by getting in foul trouble early for STUPID fouls. I understand he was victimized by the refs a bit but that comes from somewhere.

just because you have seniors doesn't mean you have great leadership and I just got the feeling most of this season that we were lacking in that department.

Re: Maybe not better, but in a better position

Mar 21, 2019, 4:30 PM

It will be interested to see what Jevan White can take his game too. ALso, sounds like Baehre could be a stud. I could also see Hunter Tyson getting a lot stronger and taking his game to a new level.

Mar 21, 2019, 4:47 PM

Pretty sure White was a one year kid. Grad transfer I believe. Maybe? I See a #10 finish in the conference in basketball next year but this coming football season will make it all better for you/me/us. It will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 4:52 PM

White has one more year.

Mar 21, 2019, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Maybe not better, but in a better position ]

Personally, I wish we could have ET for another year!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 4:53 PM

Definitely

Mar 21, 2019, 8:19 PM

True!! I was hoping Jemison would be better. He has the size that is for sure.

Not unless 3 or 4 grad transfers magically show up

Mar 21, 2019, 4:39 PM

The explanation on Mitchell was disappointing, but the skeptic in me makes me wonder on the timing of the announcement. Skara had his moments on defense, but not exceptional due to limited speed & footwork. I definitely agree on Thomas; he did improvement on his touch around the basket this year, but still unpolished & "clanky" in the paint. Why he constantly was found roaming around at the top of the key is definitely not coached (right BB?) but certainly not punished.

Next year will be atrocious in every sense...poor ballhandlers, passers & shooters, Tyson is the only guy with a decent shot, Dawes will have to be a stud to even get a chance on starting an offense. Simms needs to commit to taking the ball to the basket. The post play will be a 4 guy rotation for 2 spots: Baehre, White, Jemison & hopefully William---that's 20 fouls to get us through a game with hopefully 20 points & 12 boards a night between them.

Re: Not unless 3 or 4 grad transfers magically show up

Mar 21, 2019, 4:44 PM

Chase Hunter and Hemenway look like studs on their film.

Mar 21, 2019, 5:49 PM

most everybody who gets recruited to this level of ball looks like that in high school. whether they are the real deal or not

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 5:56 PM

Not always. Not all have great shots. Some just use their superior athletic ability to take it to the hoop non stop and are raw. Those 2 have great shots. They are different. Sometimes looking at their film you see something different. They are studs. i knew Ty Hudson wasnt going to be good by watching one of his games. You can just tell sometimes.

Mar 21, 2019, 6:07 PM

yeah sure you did

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 6:18 PM

Yeah I did actually. I commented on this site. Many of us knew. Not you of course. You think they all look the same when you watch them. You already said as much. It was obvious for me and a few others that watch a lot of basketball and who watched him play. He didnt have a jumper and was that fast. With his shot he would have had be blazing like TJ Ford was. Anyway, you will find that Hemenway and Hunter will be really good at Clemson. We're not missing on them.

Mar 21, 2019, 7:50 PM

most means more than half. I did not say not all or every. I am so relieved the new recruits have your expert seal of approval. I forget who I'm talking to and how many str prospects you've signedi

Mar 21, 2019, 8:02 PM

Youre welcome.

Re: Any chance we are actually better next year?

Mar 21, 2019, 4:42 PM

I see and understand that wishful thinking each and every year. The most important for us to never forget, we did the very same thing with our FB program, and we have won two NCG's in the past 3 years. If the administration stays committed with getting our BB team to become a winner, it will come sooner rather than later!!! Go Tiger Basketball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 4:47 PM

Isn't white a senior transfer? I think he is gone too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 4:55 PM

White is a grad transfer, but he has another year left.

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2018/5/6/17323576/clemson-basketball-adds-javan-white-as-graduate-transfer

I want some of what you're...***

Mar 21, 2019, 5:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

Mar 21, 2019, 6:24 PM

Re: No.***

Mar 21, 2019, 6:28 PM

Yeah I think we are 2 years away, but I dont think we will be as bad people think we will be next year IF our pg play is solid. Thats a big IF though.

I think so ...

Mar 21, 2019, 9:50 PM

Trapp, what's his name from Virginia, the guy who backed up Thomas ... the white guy freshman who can shoot ... I don't think we are as bad off as some people think (sorry I forgot all their names)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't see it***

Mar 21, 2019, 11:27 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic