Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another way to look at the QB situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,027

Another way to look at the QB situation

Jul 17, 2018, 1:48 PM

Those throws that missed their targets to our talented WR's, well those throws probably hurt our WR's that were drafted this year. Cain comes to mind when he had to slow down often, or the ball was overthrown / under-thrown so often. I'm sure Cain would have loved to have those balls be close enough to give him a chance at them, and arguably would have helped his draft status. When you look at it from the WR point of view, then you have to wonder what goes thru their mind on those badly thrown balls. Renfrow is still here, but I lost count of the misses to him. We give away a lot of points and stall a lot of drives by being so inconsistent in the passing game. I still think we win every game due to the overall talent difference, so it might not matter as far as wins & losses, but it might cost some draftees some $$$.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another way to look at the QB situation

Jul 17, 2018, 1:54 PM

The NFL looks into a lot more than your stats, they won't discredit a WR due to a lacking QB. Look at LSU WR's for instance that still went early, or Josh Allen and Mitch Trubisky at QB for a point of emphasis they did nothing stellar in the regular season and still went very early. It's more about things that don't happen on the field than what happens on the field ironically enough.

Re: Another way to look at the QB situation

Jul 17, 2018, 2:43 PM

I agree with you about QBs but with caveats for WRs.

The WR position is only partially about "what can you do with the ball in your hand". It is also about "what can you do to get the ball in your hand". But still, every WR needs clips where they are making plays and showing their intangibles.

Do you think highlight clips are only for fans?

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,027
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic