Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another kneeling thread, but something I thought would be...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Another kneeling thread, but something I thought would be...

Sep 25, 2017, 9:50 PM

interesting to see happen. I would love to see Roger Goodell and the NFL's reaction to players wearing arm bands, tape, etc. with prominent BLM messages on them... maybe even cover up those Nike swoosh emblems with them. Hell, even alter their own jerseys with the messages. That would allow everyone to see their real thoughts for 60 minutes of play, and then they can stand for THEIR OWN national anthem.

What makes me think Roger and the NFL might change their mind on that one???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another kneeling thread, but something I thought would be...

Sep 25, 2017, 10:00 PM

He's already done that! Fines for special shoes... fines for pink outside of Breast cancer games... denied Cowboys when asked if they could wear a helmet sticker to honor the 5 policemen that were shot. And the list goes on... VERY hypocritical.

My epiphany came yesterday. I don't care what political stance you have. More importantly I don't want to hear what your views are if you have no "real life" experiences. Ie if you are a musician, athlete, actor, professor, student, or even a blue blood that never wanted for anything etc. I don't care what you think about politics. You can have my exact same views and I still don't care!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 10:03 PM

> More importantly I don't want to hear what your views are if you have no "real
> life" experiences. Ie if you are ... a blue blood that never wanted for anything
> etc. I don't care what you think about politics.

You mean someone like Donald Trump?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can interprete that any way you wish.***

Sep 25, 2017, 10:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can interprete that any way you wish.***

Sep 26, 2017, 12:40 AM

I interpret that to mean you don't believe in freedom of speech...that is unless you agree with it? (That was my any way I wish)??

Sep 25, 2017, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Another kneeling thread, but something I thought would be... ]

I have felt the same way for years. Actors should act, musicians should make music and ballplayers should play ball. They have one job and that is all they need to do. They are modern day court jesters who get insanely rich by entertaining us, that's all.

Sep 25, 2017, 10:09 PM

> Actors should act, musicians should make music and ballplayers should play ball.
> They have one job and that is all they need to do.

I agree. Donald Trump should've stuck to hosting Celebrity Apprentice, and let grown-ups handle the things that actually matter.

actors and musicians have been outspoken about politics

Sep 25, 2017, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Another kneeling thread, but something I thought would be... ]

for decades. It's only been recently that athletes have decided that they want to do the same thing.

in the 60's they did***

Sep 25, 2017, 10:18 PM

Then you should shut up about politics, too, and stick to

Sep 26, 2017, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Another kneeling thread, but something I thought would be... ]

your job.

Sep 26, 2017, 12:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Another kneeling thread, but something I thought would be... ]

They are also human beings with opinions... just like you and me. (And free to share them)??

Sep 26, 2017, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Another kneeling thread, but something I thought would be... ]

Exactly...An actor is paid to act, singer to sing, and ballplayer to play ball. If we want politics we would go to a political rally. The constitution gives them the right to free speech, and I defend that right. It also gives me the right to not buy tickets, change the channel, or not buy a singers records. If an athlete chooses to dis-respect our National anthem, it is his right, as it is mine not to watch him compete. The NFL teams doing so is causing a huge decline in veiwership, and I for one watch sports to escape politics. If I must be subjected to politics anyway...I'll just read a good book instead. I hope they all lose millions, because they are not giving us the entertainment we pay for.

Sep 26, 2017, 7:50 AM

Most of the NFL viewership decline has been due to bad football games and locked in viewership to bad games plus the major markets with bad teams, the Giants, Jets, and Bears. Surveys show less than 3% has to do with politics.

Sep 27, 2017, 9:10 AM

Come on man.

Sep 25, 2017, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Another kneeling thread, but something I thought would be... ]

How does an athelete not have any real life experiences? Either directly through their own lives, or that of their family and friends?

So you're saying Deshaun having to be the man of the house...

Sep 25, 2017, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Another kneeling thread, but something I thought would be... ]

as a kid when his mother had cancer isn't a real life experience? Sorry but stereotypes never hold up

Re: So you're saying Deshaun having to be the man of the house...

Sep 25, 2017, 10:16 PM

Yep, and then graduating early from college while leading a team to a national championship in football, not a life experience.

Re: So you're saying Deshaun having to be the man of the house...

Sep 25, 2017, 11:18 PM

My take- I'm not saying he shouldn't have an opinion. I'd be disappointed if he didn't! I'm just saying that his opinion on political matters don't interest me. I surely don't want him to lecture me on them!

Just my opinion. I turn to sports, music, film etc for entertainment nothing more or less

Deshaun would be a better president than the one we have.***

Sep 26, 2017, 12:21 AM

Why do you care about your own opinion then?

Sep 26, 2017, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: So you're saying Deshaun having to be the man of the house... ]

Stick to your job and what you know. No more sports discussion for you!

You are ignorant.

Sep 26, 2017, 9:07 AM

I don't want to see my accountant try to sing for me.

I don't want my lawyer to try to entertain me with his athletic ability.

I don't want my doctor to show me his best Shakespeare rendition.

AND I don't want my sports figures to tell me how to vote.

Pretty simple really.

Re: You are ignorant.

Sep 26, 2017, 5:25 PM

A reality-tv star trying to run the executive branch is A-OK, though, right?

nice job in tding Deshaun having a real life experience, to the troll/doxer tding***

Sep 25, 2017, 10:18 PM [ in reply to So you're saying Deshaun having to be the man of the house... ]

Read the Constitution

Sep 26, 2017, 8:09 AM

It is evident that very few of you know and understand the true intent of The Constitution of the United States of America as given to us by our founders. The Constitution protects us from government. You continuously say that taking a knee is protected under the free speech clause. It is not, this is a employer employee issue. The employer sets the standards of behavior, in this case the NFL has failed miserably by allowing the inmates to run the asylum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does this have to do with Clemson football?***

Sep 26, 2017, 8:21 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic