Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1987 NC State Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,837

1987 NC State Game

Sep 25, 2018, 10:14 PM

I read tigernet daily but just signed up to post. I have visions of the 1987 NC State game occurring again this Saturday. If KB is off of the team, we have a split locker room and are toast. I hope that Kelly returns to practice tomorrow with a great attitude. He needs to be thankful that the pressure of losing the starting job is now gone. He can play with a different freedom now. Ray Ray practiced with the defense last year and KB can do the same. NFL scouts are mentioning Kelly as an athletic prospect and he needs to trust our coaches to find a way to get him on the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1987 NC State Game

Sep 25, 2018, 10:29 PM

Thanks for posting. Welcome. Remember the loss well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 10:36 PM

A +1 welcome. The only thing I might add, regardless of KB's decision (hoping he stays) doesn't mean there will be split locker room. I'm sure the players will respect his decision. They will also respect the coaches decision.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:18 AM

Agree , this staff truly is All In and I believe the players are as well . Those guys saw against the first 4 teams and have been seeing in practice how good TL is .
Let's go beat Syracuse with the All In attitude tha got us here in th first place .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I don't think you are giving our players enough credit.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:38 PM

They want to win, first and foremost. I'm sure some of the players are sad for their friend and teammate Kelly Bryant, but they aren't going to be so upset that they fail to do their jobs or play as a team. Our players are far more mature than that. Plus, our coaches instill a belief and devotion to team that supercedes the petty, childish crap you mentioned in your post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don't think you are giving our players enough credit

Sep 25, 2018, 10:58 PM

Kelly is from my home county and I have always been a huge fan of his. He has overcome so much. His medical condition, sitting behind Watson for two years, and now this. The Kelly that I have been pulling for would have been at practice today. I teach school so I am around young adults all day at work. I think you are being naive if you think the team is not already distracted. And yes, Players will pick sides. Our senior leaders need to step up. I will be anxious to check back here tomorrow to see if KB practiced with the team. I sure hope so. We need him. This team can be the first 15-0 national champ but we need Kelly.

Why you gotta bring THAT up?

Sep 25, 2018, 11:18 PM

I was in school then, at the game, remember it very well. One of the greatest comebacks in Clemson history, would be THE greatest if Rodney could have completed the 4th & 5 pass. Would have been in Treadwell's range for the 31-28 win and a clear path to the national championship. I'm convinced that an undefeated Tiger team that year wouldn't have lost to Black Joe and the roided up coots.

Rodney was the quarterback, no controversy about that or anything else that I can recall. Defense just had a bad 1st half. Sheridan and the 'pack were always a tough out for us back in those days.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why you gotta bring THAT up?

Sep 25, 2018, 11:37 PM

The Sugar Bowl rep was in attendance that day too. That has got to be one of the most exciting halfs of Clemson football that I have ever watched. If Williams had converted the fourth down, I believe we would have had our second National Championship that year.

I do not know why but that NC State game popped into my head when I read about Kelly. This team has so much potential this year. I do not want a distraction to derail the Natty. Keeping my fingers crossed that Kelly shows up tomorrow. Would love to see the co offensive coordinators get creative with both Lawrence and Bryant on the field.

What was the controversy in 1987?

Sep 26, 2018, 4:55 AM

I was at that game (as a child) and remember the 2nd half being one of the most exciting I’ve ever seen.

I never knew there was a team controversy brewing at the time (or I’ve forgotten). Would be interested to know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I recall...

Sep 26, 2018, 8:13 AM

we threw something like 50 passes in just the second half of that game. Down like 30 or 31 zip at halftime. Just surreal. Rodney and Tracy Johnson failed to connect on a 3rd and 5 right over the middle, and failed again on the exact same play for 4th and 5. Total heartbreaker. Pack beat us 2 times in a row about that time. Glad Sheridan moved on.

Welcome and please post again when

Sep 26, 2018, 8:21 AM

Coach Dabo Swinney and our Tigers put down “mighty” Syracuse.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,837
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic