Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thank You to all the young women of the Clemson Softball team. Since this is
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 10
| visibility 967

Thank You to all the young women of the Clemson Softball team. Since this is

May 19, 2024, 7:56 AM

the end of the road for the foundational players, I felt the need to offer my sincere and personal thanks for four plus years of great softball, the greatest program launch probably on record anywhere. I don't know what the expectations were when you started in 2020, but I know for sure that you exceeded every one of them. The fact that we are all disappointed right now is just a testament to how far you did exceed those initial expectations.

Those who build on your foundation will have some very big shoes to fill.

Lindsey Garcia, Julia Bomhardt, McKenzie Clark, Grace Hiller, Alia Logoleo, Regan Spencer, JoJo Hyatt, Arielle Oda, Valerie Cagle, Millie Thompson and Olivia Turpin.

All took a chance on a startup program, making literally something out of nothing. Such things do not usually end with thrills, chills, National Players of the Year, All ACC selections, and a whole lot of wins. But this group made those things a reality. Thank You, all of you. You have, and I am sure in future will continue to make Clemson proud to be associated with you. I know I am.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing I don't like about this post is that I didn't write it!***

May 19, 2024, 7:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I second this sentiment!!!***

May 19, 2024, 8:56 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank You to all the young women of the Clemson Softball team. Since this is

May 19, 2024, 9:06 AM

Well said!

Re: Thank You to all the young women of the Clemson Softball team. Since this is

May 19, 2024, 10:58 AM

It has been a true joy to watch these players grow and to establish our program. Thank you to each of you. Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2024, 11:00 AM

Amen .... what a great group of young ladies who are the foundation of great things to come for Clemson softball!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i 'm guessing u were not embarrassed ???***

May 19, 2024, 5:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Embarrassed for you right now, but otherwise, no.

May 19, 2024, 7:39 PM

Maybe go out and buy you some cheese to go with that whine.

Unless you think the girls tanked on purpose, I don't know what your beef is. They gave it their best, and it happened not to be good enough. That is no embarrassment to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2024, 6:12 PM

I had several classes with the OG girls, including some with members of this particular group. As someone who had class with athletes from every sport, I can say that they were the most respectful, attentive and smartest student athletes I ever had class with. No bs, no coming to class late, no hiding on the back row etc. They asked intelligent questions, pulled their weight on group assignments, easy to work with and made good grades. Overall great student athlete ambassadors. Special group these OG girls were. Sad to see the last few go. Proved a lot of doubters wrong. Thanks for everything y’all have done.

May 20, 2024, 9:01 AM

I have said my thanks directly to most of the seniors but this group are the shoulders our softball team was built upon. Most committed to Clemson before we had a stadium or had played a game but took a leap of faith and went for it.

Valerie Cagle will go down as a historically good player for Clemson. While there are other pitchers that hit and play the field it is exceedingly rare to do all 3 so well. No question we wouldn’t be where we are without Val.
McKenzie Clark - the fiery competitor and exceptional outfielder. Pie was fast but what made her so good was her ability to read the ball off the bat so well. Don’t sleep on her at bat or you might miss a home run.
Alia Logoleo - the team’s vocal leader. She came as an outfielder and though she preferred to play there, she spent 3 years playing shortstop/3rd base.
Millie Thompson - the heart of the team. Mills was captain of the fun in the dugout. She wore her heart on her sleeve- if she didn’t like the umps call you knew it. Her change up made a lot of batters look foolish.
Regan Spencer - entered the season expecting to be the middle relief/closer; finished the year as the team’s unquestioned ace.
JoJo Hyatt - member of “Team 0” who came before we had a stadium. JoJo was the quiet unassuming caretaker of the dugout. Good catcher and great bunter.
Arielle Oda - member of “Team 0” and fixture in the outfield. She could slap, bunt, or swing away so you never knew what you were going to get. Great base runner as well.
Grace Hiller utility infielder who start many games this year at 1st base.
Julia Baumhardt was the “professional pitch runner” on the team
Lindsey Garcia - transfer from Auburn who slotted into right field was consistent at the plate. The absolute joy she showed after hitting a HR is something I wish I could bottle.

I am proud to call them fellow alums and wish them nothing but the best wherever their life journey’s take them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2024, 9:25 AM

Great post...nail on head!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 967
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next