Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BaseBall
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 801

BaseBall

Mar 18, 2024, 2:16 PM

I played baseball as a kid and have watched it for years.

What I have not yet latched onto is why this year's team is doing so much better than last year's team.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

It seems like we have more speed this year and our hitters are really jumping on

Mar 18, 2024, 2:20 PM

the ball and not just trying to hit long balls. Bullpen pitching still seems to be a work in progress but the team is playing awesome.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BaseBall

Mar 18, 2024, 2:27 PM

So far imo we relied heavily on a few guys offensively last year and this years team is unbelievably deep and versatile and we are coming up with hits from all parts of the lineup. And it’s year two with Bakich and the culture is showing from the start where as last year it took some time and unfortunately like it seems to happen a bunch to us the last handful of years we get a very unfair draw in the regional. I really despise how baseball does the seeding and pairing for regionals.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2024, 2:32 PM

So far imo we relied heavily on a few guys offensively last year and this years team is unbelievably deep and versatile and we are coming up with hits from all parts of the lineup. And it’s year two with Bakich and the culture is showing from the start where as last year it took some time and unfortunately like it seems to happen a bunch to us the last handful of years we get a very unfair draw in the regional. I really despise how baseball does the seeding and pairing for regionals.

It was a tough draw but we had it. Just ran out of gas. Interested in what you think baseball should do instead on the postseason

Mar 18, 2024, 2:43 PM

Good question , and I have absolutely no data to back this up and would have to go back and look, but I get the feeling they don’t seed 1- whatever then put teams wherever they fall based on that number , regardless of what region of the country you are in. I just feel like it gets seeded to benefit teams based on location sometimes. I feel like multiple times we have had a much tougher regional than teams seeded below us and that doesn’t make sense at all. I guess I would just like the seeding and why they were numbered there and put wherever was more transparent I guess.

Mar 18, 2024, 2:27 PM

This team is currently playing at the same level they did to finish last season.

With the exception of faltering late game vs Tennessee in the regionals, last year's team was elite at the end of the season.

It took a first year head coach a little while to get things rolling last season.

This year they were able to pick up where they left off because the program was already in place and rolling.

Mar 18, 2024, 3:06 PM

This

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...been berry, berry good to me

Mar 18, 2024, 2:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

It seems that there's a carry over from last year. Team was playing well in

Mar 18, 2024, 2:41 PM

the last half of the season and have continued despite the loss of a few key bats. We need to get our relief pitching squared away. This team has the potential of an Omaha visit.

Bakich is the real deal and I have been impressed with his coaching. His bringing Leggett back into the fold was a great move. There is a lot of baseball knowledge in that noggin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2024, 2:42 PM

At that level clubs need time to gel. Most of these kids played together last year for the first time and now are in year two. When ball clubs build chemistry over time defense because impeccable and hitting becomes contagious. They aren't playing for themselves anymore they're playing to not let their teammates down.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2024, 2:56 PM

It's the team (and coach)! When Canarella was going 0 - 6, Ciufo 0 - 4 and each leaving 3 on base, the rest of the team kept their wits about them and got a timely walk, hit , steal or HR to score enough to win.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Season is still young. Hope they can keep it up. Big

Mar 18, 2024, 2:57 PM

test this weekend in undefeated FSU.

Bakich is rounding the team into shape, takes time

Mar 18, 2024, 3:04 PM

Last year was an opportunity lost. The Tennessee loss was torture, Clemson was in drivers seat with 1 out left but could not get it done.

This years team, while different, does not have the top shelf big star yet but might see someone emerge. It’s a nice lineup 1-9 and some of the guys are not hitting yet. Excited to see the team this weekend with FSU coming to town, possibly undefeated.

Once the pitching & hitting are in sync this team will be very good once tournament time and regionals roll around.

Go Tigers!!

Mar 18, 2024, 6:40 PM

Maybe the coaching? looks like it too me.

Replies: 13
| visibility 801
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic