Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitching for this week
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 951

Pitching for this week

May 5, 2024, 8:21 PM

First off, good bounce back win today to take the series. Knaak was a little shaky at the beginning but eventually settled in. I knew he'd be on somewhat of a leash due to taking a rest last week, but those 24 pitches in the 1st and 22 in the 2nd are what got his count up pretty quick and kept him from going one more in the 5th. Regardless, he had a solid outing.

With Barlow, who had a great day, throwing 57 (I think) pitches over 4 innings, I think it's obvious that Tuesday will be a bullpen game. If that's the case, I can see Bakich using Barlow on Friday in a similar situation like today if Tristan Smith doesn't go very far. In terms of Tuesday, it's anyone's guess who'll start it. Marchal perhaps? LeGuernic (hasn't pitched in a month) and Rocco started our only other bullpen games this season.

And lastly, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like when Austin Gordon enters a game in the 8th knowing he'll more than likely be expected to stay out for the 9th, he puts everything he has into the 8th leaving nothing in the tank for the 9th? That's pretty much what happened at Georgia and game 2 on Friday. I understand wanting to shutdown your opponent and keep them from scoring in the 8th, but I'd also think that you'd want to conserve to a certain extent so you have something in the 9th. Idk, that's just my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitching for this week

May 5, 2024, 9:21 PM

Marchal will start. Charlotte didn’t see him at all. Mahlstedt had a great game vs Charlotte in relief of Barlow

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2024, 7:56 AM

I think LeGuernic should and will get the nod. We need to save marchal and malstadt for Friday night. That seems to be what coach has done the last month and a half. May see them an inning or two.

Thinking we'll see Joe Allen and Reid get some action.

Thought McGovern looked pretty good yesterday too.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2024, 10:30 AM

McGovern has been a nice surprise. He’s pitched very well in every appearance. (Knock on wood) I drool watching that curveball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2024, 9:55 PM

Did you catch the the Barlow 8th Inning.

1st pitch fly out to LF - out #1

2nd pitch fly out to RF - out #2

3rd pitch hit batter

4th pitch fly out to RF - out #3

4 pitches and back on the bench.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 951
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic